This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bulk sugar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulk sugar
    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 5:20pm
Anybody know where a guy could get a pallet of bulk sugar, say 1000 lbs at a time. I've looked at Amazon etc and cant find it. Getting tired picking it up 25lbs at a time from walmart. Thanks Tom.
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 5:36pm
What kind of moonshine you cooking?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 5:41pm
Feeding Bees?  Have you tried asking your local grocery store, or Walmart, and see if they will order a pallet for you?  We used to get pallets of bottled water from grocery stores and Walmart for construction jobs.  We just had to coordinate having it come in with their normal delivery schedule. 

Edited by Jim.ME - 21 Sep 2020 at 5:42pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

What kind of moonshine you cooking?

Just what I was gonna ask...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:00pm
Seems you should be able to deal with some of the Co-Op that do sugar beets  - I know I hauled heavy heating oil into processing plant along I 90 in southern MN - 
 Do you need refined sugar or could it be molasses or such , seems lot of feed stores also make sweet feed for horses using sugar so that might be a source also .

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:01pm
And some corn, sheet copper, copper tubing, and a pallet of gallon jugs😂😂😂😂

If you have a mom and pop diner or cafe around you, get them to price it from their food supplier
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:58pm
With 1000 lbs. seems to me you also get 1 free Gman.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 7:58pm
This is for feeding bees that are gonna take a trip to California. I cant send corn syrup because it hasnt been I inspected for California but dry sugar is ok. Go figure.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 8:18pm
Seems several of us had the same immediate thought: "you must be making a bunch of moonshine." When I was in my early teens I used to go with one of my uncles to pick up damaged 100lb bags of sugar from the railway depot  and deliver them to a third party. Ain't saying who or where. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 8:33pm
Got a Sam's or Costco membership or know someone? Would think with all the stuff on pallets in there they could get a pallet of anything
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 9:29pm
Any grocery stores near you with a real bakery, Hy-Vee maybe? I would think they would have larger bags of sugar for the volume they do. Talk to the bakery or store manager.
jon View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 11:23pm
Amish here order it by the pallet, comes in 50lb bags.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:39am
sams would be the best bet---we can get whatever amount we want--or COULD--not saying that now with this crap going on that you can get more than a ten pound bag!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 5:09pm
So, are you gonna drive real slow and make them fly after you, all the way there!Big smile
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 6:48pm
Sam's club. Costco are a no go here. Can get it cheaper at walmart.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:31pm
Wal Mart. Free delivery I think after you buy $100 worth.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:29pm
I used to get large quantity of items for my church and went through my food supplier.  Do  you know any food sales people in your area like Sysco or another larger company I used to have them order it for me on a separate invoice and pay them in advance or immediately when it came in.
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 1:14pm
You might try J.W. Swank in North Liberty Iowa They distribute
(319) 359-6253
I knew a guy who used to drive for them. They hauled 50 lb bags of sugar on palets.
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 10:48pm
Thank you. We are headed to Omaha tomorrow afternoon to look at a C6000 GMC. Will be used to haul it. I will call these guys on Monday.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Anybody know where a guy could get a pallet of bulk sugar, say 1000 lbs at a time. I've looked at Amazon etc and cant find it. Getting tired picking it up 25lbs at a time from walmart. Thanks Tom.
Call a food service company like Sysco or Martin Bros. They'll have it in 50 lb bags. Sysco has a warehouse in Des Moines.

Edited by Brian Jasper co. Ia - 26 Sep 2020 at 1:25pm
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic