This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Briggs Model Number

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Briggs Model Number
    Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 4:00pm
I can't find the model number on the 12hp Briggs in my HB112. I need an ignition coil, and need that number, or the part number of the coil. Thanks!
Sponsored Links

farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 7:15am
Motor is a 300421
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 9:03am
Thank you very much!!
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 2:49pm
Hi Kevin

Had to replace the coil in my HB-112 last summer.

The engine model is 300421 , type 0127.

This info is stamped in the metal shroud below carb.

I had to pull the engine out of tractor frame in order to get the shroud off.

NAPA number for coil is 701605 $42.00

Gary

Link to NAPA:

http://www.napacanada.com/en/auto-parts-accessories/search/part-number.aspx#Detail
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 6:16pm
I had an old briggs engine with a bad coil. I pulled it off and stuck a Magnetron on it from a junk engine. No more points to ever mess with.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 7:31pm
The Magnitron should require the re polarization of the flywheel.  From what I understand Briggs does that for free, but you pay shipping both ways.  I run the original coils, but have switched to a Megafire/Nova 2 ignition module.  No more points/condenser.
AaronSEIA
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by AaronSEIA AaronSEIA wrote:

The Magnitron should require the re polarization of the flywheel.  From what I understand Briggs does that for free, but you pay shipping both ways. 

I guess nobody told me that so I saved on shipping.Confused It works just fine.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 9:43pm
Thanks, guys!
timflury View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timflury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 2:40pm
Certain engines need the flywheel repolarized.

Sending the flywheel to Briggs requires only one way shipping, they will ship it back to you for free.

Use extra care when packing your flywheel. I've heard, but cannot confirm the horror stories regarding the fins breaking off in shipment due to poor packaging.

Briggs and Stratton / Menomonee Falls Distribution Center
Inbound Docks 1-13
N 83W 12529 Old Orchard Road
Menomonee Falls Wisconsin 53051

The address is still valid.

It's a good idea to call them on the phone with all your information to actually see if you require the flywheel service, or not.

I've done this on two engines. A cast iron single 243431 '66 model, and a late 70's 5hp cast iron sleeve vertical. The 10hp flywheel required the service, the other did not.
When was the last time you thanked a veteran.
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 4:25pm
A shipping trick I read was a box, 2 plastic grocery bags, and a can of expanding foam.  Lay down a bed of foam in one bag in the bottom of the box.  Set flywheel in, put second bag over and fill with more foam.  Not sure if you could have Briggs send it back in the same packaging or not.  As for which ones need re done, I'm not sure.The Nova setup was so cheap that I figured I couldn't go wrong. So far I haven't.
AaronSEIA
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 5:56pm
Ok guys... what's the 'repolarization' thing ? Could you just use the flywheel fron the 'donor' that the magnetron ignition is from?

curious Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic