This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bluetooth And Older Vehicles ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bluetooth And Older Vehicles ?
    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 7:22pm
Can a vehicle(car or truck)be able to be up-graded to "bluetooth" if it doesn't already have it ? Thanks.
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:19pm
Are you talking about hands free phone calls? I put a bluetooth compatible stereo in my maroon 7060 for that reason. Could do the same for cars and trucks as well
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:30pm
Yes, the hands free option. I didn't realize that it was controlled via the radio itself Embarrassed, I was under the impression there was more to it Smile . Thanks for the reply.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 9:28pm
knew a fellow that had hands free while just walking around, also on his motorcycle.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 5:36am
I have a Bluetooth stereo in my 1983 Ford work truck and an adapter in my 99 GMC.
The adapter doesn’t work as well but it sort of works. I assume they have better ones.
Only thing I don’t like is getting calls with coworkers in the truck. They hear everything the boss tells me.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 6:36am
Wife bought me a Bluetooth device that fit on the sunvisor of my GMC. Voice activated. I used it one night to call my son on my way home. I said call Nathan the voice on the device replied calling Nathan. Ringtone and then a voice answered and it was my friend Barrie! I told him what the device did and he said well good that you didn't say call asshole! I said maybe the device thought I did!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 6:46am
Wife's 2017 exploder has BT and hands free but does NOT stop the roving eye to peer at the touch screen radio or other electronics wizardry, a bane for distractions.  The best way I manage my phone is shove it in a spot I cannot get to and ignore it until find a place I am going to stop at and NOT at a traffic light.  There is NO GOOD reason to be On The Phone AT ALL while driving, any subsequent determinations/Excuses of "I Have TO Be Accessible" is BS and worthless as any and ALL Calls ARE Distracting.  If a FEW Minutes time of NOT being on the phone is Too Long then take off from work or an extended leave of absence or if cannot do that then wake up and realize you cannot be a Full time Employee and a Full time Care Taker or be in someone's presence 24/7 and still be in life/living.

Edited by DMiller - 23 Sep 2020 at 6:46am
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 7:05am
I'd like BT and cellphones to be disabled while the vehicle is in motion. Should be a required, legal SAFETY requirement.
There is not ONE good reason to have those in vehicles in motion, not ONE.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 7:42am
The car has BT.  To answer a call there is a button by your right thumb.  You don't need to look to answer a call.  In the truck there is a button by your left thumb to set the cruise.  Setting the cruise is more distracting because you have to watch the speedometer to know when to push the button.  It seems like the old standard equipment is more distracting than the new fangled equipment.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 7:46am
Mine is used for pandora radio
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 10:03am
Gotta agree with the WHY, and no need for it, comments! ---I dont have my phone on when in the truck---I only take it to call for  help if I break down and need buddies tow service to rescue me.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 11:29pm
i'm with ac fleet...i don't need to call someone as soon as i gits ina vehicle! 
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 5:38am
I got LOTS better things to do than yap on a phone,specially now that FALL has arrived ! Mr. Sun seems to sleep in a lot later than me, goes to bed earlier too ! Spent yesterday morning grading out a new neighbour's 26x38 garage(sigh),then 6 hrs in a crawlspace rewiring other neighbours garage, after a 1hr roadtrip to pickup a used main panel for her.Same as mine so I can snag most of the breakers. She only needs 8 or the 32.
What gets me about phones and work , is the number of people that ANSWER calls after '9to5'  about work ! Most don't even think about it,let alone get paid OVERTIME.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 7:30am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

I got LOTS better things to do than yap on a phone,specially now that FALL has arrived ! Mr. Sun seems to sleep in a lot later than me, goes to bed earlier too ! Spent yesterday morning grading out a new neighbour's 26x38 garage(sigh),then 6 hrs in a crawlspace rewiring other neighbours garage, after a 1hr roadtrip to pickup a used main panel for her.Same as mine so I can snag most of the breakers. She only needs 8 or the 32.
What gets me about phones and work , is the number of people that ANSWER calls after '9to5'  about work ! Most don't even think about it,let alone get paid OVERTIME.....

Bosses love to call after hours now days. If I got paid for all the after hour calls I get from him, home owners and my crew is probably get another 3 hrs a day.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 9:57am
Being Union IUOE when worked at power station we did NOT have to answer After we left the facility regardless the messages sent.  We could answer and decline to speak with them at length as they had the ability to canvass for Call In(.9 hours) plus OT minimum three hours.

The employers AVOIDED calling us, and if were on Vacation Time Could NOT call us for any reason until we returned to work.

We offered a First Call for information list, by seniority they would have to pay Each man eligible above our seniority .5hr for calling us at home after normal hours NOT canvassing for OT.  They turned that down.  UNION Rules!!!
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 8:43am
This is what I use. Works good. You can use it through you car speakers but you dont have to. Clips right to the sun visor

Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 6:54pm
Thanks Don Wink
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 1:40pm
Both of our cars have it, so when I was looking at aftermarket radios for my Torino and I wanted a shaft style radio, I went with a Retro Sound unit. Works just like a new car.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic