This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bevel Gear Box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albow44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bevel Gear Box
    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 5:21pm
Hey all, I'm in the process of getting my 712 Shuttle ready for the winter plow season and I'd like to change the BGB Oil. The manual states to fill it up to the "end of the dip stick". How much Gear Oil is that approximately? I have a giant jug, and I don't want to pour out more than I have to and I'm not seeing an estimated amount anywhere online.
Thanks in advance.
Alan
Sponsored Links

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:29pm
I don’t have a a manual on that tractor. Try a pint at a time, after 1 pint check it. If not on the dipstick add some more. Go a 1/2 pint at a time. Slow pour once it hits the dipstick until full. A little research will get you the proper info. Just guessing here when I am unsure.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Albow44 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albow44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 8:51am
Thanks. I guess I'll try that. I haven't been able to find an exact amount anywhere. 
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 3:49pm
hmm.. you could measure the BGB, figure out the volume, cut in 1/2 and guesstimate that _might_ be close to the volume ?? Say the BGB is 8x8x8 inches. that's about .3 cuft or 20 pints...,/2 ( volume of gears+shafts.... makes about 10 pint needed.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:31pm
It's less than a quart I changed my simplicity used a quart bottle had quite a bit left. The rest filled my JD gear box.
Albow44 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albow44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:58pm
@Dakota Dave, You are correct, I filled it today. Its about 3/4 of a quart.
Thanks All!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic