This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Been dreading this day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Been dreading this day
    Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 11:25am
Not sure if this is the proper place to post this kinda stuff anymore or where it belongs.
       Today we bring our son Kurtis to the Marine Recruiter office for the last time. I can't belive the time has come. I can't bare the thought of not seeing him for 13 weeks and what is in store for the next 4 years. Then after that 4 years of inactive.  He isn't even gone and I miss him already. Please give him all the prayers you can for a safe carrier.

Edited by ToddSin NY - 09 Jan 2011 at 11:31am
Sponsored Links

AMB(wcIL) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMB(wcIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 11:49am
Will do       Andy
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 1:05pm
May God grant you both the security and help you will need in the future.  I pray that he is safe and you are too.  Wish him good luck for me!!  God Bless ALL men and women who serve.  God Bless America.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
dannyraddatz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyraddatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 1:28pm
Todd,
Look up the group, they help with letting you know other care and some one to talk to when he is on active duty. The will also have a send off and welcome home for your son. Follow this like and find your chapter. http://www.theawwc.org/
God Bless,
Danny and Family

Edited by dannyraddatz - 09 Jan 2011 at 1:29pm
Danny Raddatz
ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 1:48pm
Thanks for the link Danny.
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 1:53pm
Todd, Thank God for all the young men & women who serve to keep us safe & free, you must be very proud. I would like to think that no one in this orange family would care where this information is posted and just be glad you shared it with us, Bless you all & thank him for me...Harvey
BobDinNC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobDinNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 2:22pm
Any of the forum is appropriate for this message.  Best wishes to you and your son.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 2:26pm
YES! this is the place, we are family here! Prayers for both your son and your family until he is home again
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
RichinWis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichinWis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 2:43pm
Todd, I sure will remember him as he serves He was really good with the loader tractor there, we appreciate his willingness to seve
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 3:10pm
My blessings and best wishes as well.It will be strange for both of you for a while, but you have just gained an enlarged and very faithful group of new family members. May God be with him as he isseparated from the family and give all of you strength and courage to traverse this new time in the life of your very fine son. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 3:12pm
Todd, you can be proud, and filled with trepidation at the same time.

We are all thankful for those who serve. The family on this forum can make a huge difference in their lives. My nephew Chris was serving in Iraq, and the folks here really went out of their way to support him. He is home now, and will always be grateful for those who remembered him in the tough times. Keep us informed of his deployments, and I'm sure if he needs anything, there will be people ready and willing to help out.

Glenn
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 3:28pm
Got ya covered here. Know the feeling well. One of my sons has been in the Marine Corps for a while -- going on 18 yrs.  One of these days he is going to decide whether to make it a career or not  - LOL. Other son retired from the Navy in November - after 23 yrs. May your son remain well and safe.! Thanks for his service.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 3:52pm
Have no worries-  He will be amidst the best there is...  he's in good hands... and when he's done, he will be the best there is, and keep you in good hands.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 4:10pm
Todd any place is good to post this in my mind!  Good luck to the "FINE YOUNG MAN", and best of luck!  Don't worry, he will be fine! 
Dave in PA
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 4:17pm
Todd prayers sent from Arkansas for your son you and your family. Please shake his hand for us and let him know that the orange family is proud of him and thankful.
AC1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 4:18pm
I can only imagine how you feel.  I sent my oldest son back to college today and I have been miserable all weekend simply b/c I love having him close.  Best wishes to you and your family!!! 
Reeseholler View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reeseholler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 5:34pm
Makes me wonder how my dad is going to feel when I graduate college and commission then go off to training then active.
Mike R. in Maine View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike R. in Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 6:23pm

I'll say a prayer from here, and I hope he's in good physical shape. Having served from 84-04 ,looking back ,the one thing I should have done was get in better shape for the 13 weeks of fun on Paradise Island.Be sure to send lots of mail, mail call means alot during that 13 weeks. What Mos/job field is he going into ? 

ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 6:29pm
Juat got back from dropping him off. That WAS the hardest thing I've EVER done in my life! Been less than an hour and I miss my best friend already!

Mike we will be makin the mail man on Paradise Island earn his money!! LOL!! He is doing Avation support. He wants to work on helicopters.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 7:05pm
First Todd, My sincere thanks to you and your son for your sacrifice.  You can be certain our Thoughts and Prayers are with you both. 
Best Wishes and Many thanks for your service.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
beeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 7:13pm
God bless you and your good son. The bootcamp will be tough,but they'll take good care of him. 
1949 B   3930 Ford- Have owned other Orange ,green,red,yellow,dark green tractors and equipment.
Alvin NE WI View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvin NE WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 7:22pm
I served in the Corps in'50-53, including Korea and no missing parts, son went in during Nam, he was 17 and I had to sign for him and came home in one piece and no missing limbs. I was very brave and proud about that fact. Now I have a grandson in, just made the year mark and is a 2nd Lt. His younger brother in going into the Corps in June. Sort of want to pop my shirt buttons, am very proud. Good luck to your Son and tell him to be care full and Pray.
SEMPER FI
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 8:10pm
Todd, I know excactly how you feel.  My daughter left for Army Basic in 2005.  It was hard.  The first call home she could make, we weren't home, and she left a message that broke my heart.  I received several letters from her during basic that I will treasure forever.  I saw the change in each one as my little girl was becoming a soldier.  She apologized for things she'd done and said she realized how much what I said really meant, and the appreciated me even more.  I wrote her a letter almost every single day.  As was mentioned above, mail is the biggest morale booster for any recruit.  In her unit, you had to do push ups for every piece of mail you got.  She never told me that.  I asked her why not, and she said the mail was worth the push-ups.  I had so many people writing her.  Everyone would wait to see how much mail she'd get each day and watch her doing push-ups, but she said she didn't mind.  It will be hard while he's gone and out of contact, but it will be very rewarding for you both.  Believe it or not, you'll become even closer to him.   I'll say a prayer for you both.  Good luck and be sure to thank him from us.  His service and choice is greatly appreciated.
Rogers View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 8:28pm
Todd my prayers are with you and your family, and may Kurtis be safe for his time in service. I know you are proud of him.
Think for yourself and be your own expert. Be willing to change your mind; however, willingness to change your mind doesn’t mean that you will. Blindly following any path is the pinnacle of insanity.
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 8:39pm
More prayers from GA. When you get a chance to talk to that fine young man again, tell him thank you for helping keep all of us safe and enjoying the freedom we love.
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
Breeze View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 8:58pm
 Todd, I dont now how I nearly missed this one. Yeah, no doubt a great big sincere thank you from me and mine too. Hang in there it'll pass sooner than you think.
RyanTN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 9:25pm
Todd, I sent prayers for both of you.  I'm so glad I've had the chance to meet you both in person.  I can tell you from personal experience that it is a tough day for Kurtis too.  You've already made him a man, trust that our Marines will take that which you've already made and polish him up a little.  It's great to have another brother in arms.
papastanh View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papastanh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 9:35pm
Todd, Thanks to yours son, you and your family. Many years ago I did the same thing with my son who is still a Marine in California. This experience will touch you all, but mostly him for life. My son was a DI at Parris Island a few years ago and still talks about the recruits he helped transfrom. When you see your son on Family Day before graduation you will be pleasantly suprised, but above all Proud. May God Bless...
David Maddux View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Maddux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 10:23pm
We will be thinking of you, Todd and praying for your Son. Tell him thank you for us that he is keeping us safe.  Dave.
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 8:08am
Todd, I know exactly how you feel, my Son has been in the Marines since April of 2009, currently stationed in Afgahnistan, basic training is brutal, but that is why the Marines are the few, the proud. Eric told stories of guys crying themselves to sleep, running away, and not having any support from home, he also said that if a guy wasn't a believer going in, he would be afterward. Write him often, and whatever you do, attend the Graduation Ceremony, my Son did basic in San Diego, and the trip was well worth the money spent, one of the proudest moments a parent can experience. I would like to tell you that it gets easier, but it really doesn't, I have no idea where my Son is exactly, or what he is doing for sure, he only communicates when he has access to a SAT phone or is on base with a computer, which is not often. My prayers go out for all of you, be strong, be proud.  Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic