This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Been a long day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Been a long day
    Posted: 27 May 2020 at 8:25pm
Been mowing since 8:00 AM. Had to stop for 1/2 hour while the state bee inspector showed up and looked over the 30 new bee hives. He was here about 4 hours. I let him and the old gal take care of the most of it. Just got in the house tonight at 8:00pm. She brought me a big ol bowl of rice/beef mixture that she does about 3:00 pm. I guess I did take 15 minutes and chow down on that. Emptied the gas can. Mower tank has got to be about empty now. Gotta make some delieveries tomorrow so I will fill the can at the same time. I triede to sharpen the mower blades yesterday, but could not get the 2 outside blades off. Will probably head for TSC or HF tomorrow and gets me one of those lawn mower jacks that will almost stand the mower on its rear wheels. My floor jack won't raise it high enough to get the impact wrench on the bolts holding the blades on. The deck is almost impossible to get off this dang mower. It's a LT 190 JD. I bought it because I can get parts for it across from where I worked. + If you buy a used lawn mower in Feb you can get a good deal on them.
Sponsored Links

jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 8:48pm
I have an Lt 165 JD, I take my cherry picker and lift up the front to get at the blades. Maybe yours is different but on the 165 deck comes off pretty easy too.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 9:19pm
Tom,
 That's a lot of new bees for a small time beekeeper like me. I did pick up a small swarm yesterday.
Sounds like your mowing like me about every day I could mow grass somewhere! Tis' the season!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 5:28am
I use a chain hoist on the overhead beam in the garage to lift up the front of riders. Makes it 'easy' to burp off the blades, scrape the deck and grease the bearings.
if you do ANY 'wrenchturnin',  put an I-beam in..life's too short to be cussin over the simple jobs...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 1:12am
HF sells the very same one that TSC sells, but for about $30. cheaper. and make sure your front wheels stay inside the lifting part, that means leave the drive wheels in nuetral so they can move, otherwise the front wheels will plop out of the lift.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:48am
This is what I have from HB it is a lot handier with more things.

Edited by chaskaduo - 29 May 2020 at 9:48am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:10pm
Ya, I had to take the weed whacker in to get a new switch put in it today. I did not get the whacking done today. I been cleaning up deep frames and deep hive body's all afternoon. I gotta buy a hundred more frames and at least 200 sheets of foundation Just to fill the boxes I have. #2 son is gonna take over the bees next year. He's already got a skid loader with forks on it and he is building special pallets to put the hives on. I've gotta work the local farmers market tomorrow morning and then put 20 of the bunches of bees in full size boxes in the afternoon. I forgot to feed the gals tonight. But it will be ok. They all had plenty of fresh honey made. Dang old gals, this stuff is her idea. Guess who's doing all the heavy work and who's sitting on the golf cart giving orders???    The deck is a real female to take off this mower. I'm thinking one of those under wheel jacks is gonna show up in my shed. I was gonna use the engine hoist but unless I take the dang hood off, that ain't gonna work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic