This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beck's Soybean ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beck's Soybean ?
    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 5:29pm
What is the consensus on the Becks  soybeans? Our local dealer dropped Brodbecks in favor of Beck's, although Brodbecks got eaten up by Dairy Land seeds which we planted their corn this spring through a "sub contractor" salesman that went independent with D/L. Our local is our seed/fertilizer/herbicide dealer but just got the Becks contract last fall (after the Brodbeck/Dairy Land debacle)and is pushing hard for the Becks products.
Just curious what the Becks beans have panned out for you guys ?? Thanks
Sponsored Links

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 4:56pm
Of all of the members registered on this site, NO ONE plants Becks beans Geek ?? If this topic is "TABOO", I apologize Stern Smile
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 6:13pm
Give it a coupla days, someone might still answer...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 6:26pm
Not taboo as far as I know, but I don't have a clue what you speak of. Well, in broad general terms I do, but not being a professional farmer I don't know enough about it to even offer you an intelligent comment.

We do have some soybean producers on here, so I suspect some one will come along an comment....eventually
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 6:39pm
Fella up by Hatton MO was a Becks distributor and a user, had planted over 1800 acres beans, had a real good end result but I cannot remember the b/a count anymore yet do remember it was higher than most of that area. We hauled his product for quite awhile.
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 9:23pm
I was curious too! Becks is just starting to show up in my part of the world...
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 10:02pm
Friend planted some Becks corn this year and said it did well. Another friend is on the local coop board and and they decided to sell Becks for this coming year. He said the company is really trying hard to grow.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 8:34am
A good many farmers in my area plant Beck's Corn. Yeilds good but higher moisture this year especially! As for Soybeans haven't heard of many farmers planting Beck's. Most of the Soybeans in this area are Asgrow,Pioneer and Specialty with a few raising Dairyland and Micogen mainly because they are Dealers.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by klinemar klinemar wrote:

A good many farmers in my area plant Beck's Corn. Yeilds good but higher moisture this year especially! As for Soybeans haven't heard of many farmers planting Beck's. Most of the Soybeans in this area are Asgrow,Pioneer and Specialty with a few raising Dairyland and Micogen mainly because they are Dealers.

Thanks for the reply, and that's what I was leery of; their soybeans.
dustinmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustinmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 5:00pm
I planted becks this year    did very well I was very happy with them,   DMiller Matt McCowan in hatton is who I got them from    They did great but price was quite high but they did great,   ran out and finished up with some stein beans and in a literally side by side comparison the becks outdid the stein 2-1 I would recommend becks but price was almost 20 bucks more per bag just my 2cents
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Of all of the members registered on this site, NO ONE plants Becks beans Geek ?? If this topic is "TABOO", I apologize Stern Smile

You ask a very broad topic and you offer NOTHING to your requested discussion topic? You may consider offering such detail as your western MICHIGAN farm’s basic soybean crop criteria/info:
MATURITY 1.7,2.0,2.4,2.9????
TRAIT(RR,LL,XTEND,CONV????)
Soils/irrigation/tillage???
Cover crops??
Planted row width???

steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 6:14pm
Beck's are washed out Pioneer varieties. Read all the wording on a bag. No real investment in genetics made by the company. They entice you to buy by offering discounts on stuff like tractor leases, utility vehicles, hopper trailers, etc., then hook you by having to purchase seed from them for the next four years. There are other smaller seed companies that have a good product out there. Rupp Seeds, Wyckoff Hybrids, Wellman.....Google them.
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by AC7060IL AC7060IL wrote:

You ask a very broad topic and you offer NOTHING to your requested discussion topic? You may consider offering such detail as your western MICHIGAN farm’s basic soybean crop criteria/info:
Cover crops??
Planted row width???

You must be a dealer ?? 2.4,RR,clay/loam, no covers,15" drilled,min-til
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 8:50pm

Originally posted by AC7060IL AC7060IL wrote:

Cover crops??
Planted row width???

You must be a dealer ?? 2.4,RR,clay/loam, no covers,15" drilled,min-til
Thanks for sharing your info. No I’m not a dealer, but I do buy products of my choice from studying their performance from independent trial results.
Here’s MSU’s 2019 late soybean results for central Michigan.
https://varietytrials.msu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/2019-Soybean-CRRL-table.pdf
Heres results for early soybeans in central Michigan:
https://varietytrials.msu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/2019-Soybean-CRRE-table.pdf
Treated soybean seed should be a good investment for your slightly cooler minimum till clay loam soils(SDS? Root rots? Healthier emergence). Also inquire about better disease tolerant variety(s) for shady 15” rows(frog-eye,white mold, rust?). What are yourfarm’s soybean diseases?
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 8:58am
I’m guessing that since you’re asking questions about a specific seed brand, that you might not have a subscription to Fieldview? If so, then that’s ok, cause I don’t have a subscription either. But, I know a seed dealer who does & he can search products on it and we can view their performances within whatever areas we determine. It really answers the very questions you’re asking. Here’s a 14+ minute video of a young farmer planting with fieldview. He does a good job describing fieldview’s capabilities. If your local seed/fertilizer/herbicide coop doesn’t have fieldview for the seed brands that they sell, go find one that does. Farming input costs are too steep to not understand or be able to choose the best products for your farm.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=meHAeym_-HY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic