This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Battery powered kids car?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery powered kids car?
    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 8:29pm
Anybody have any luck with a 12 volt kids ride on utv,atv  or 4 wheeler? Looking for one for grandkid. Thanks Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 8:35pm
we bought a  F150 RED that holds 2 kids. Worked good for 4-5 year olds on the driveway or sidewalk... Tough going in the grass on any small incline... Now at 7 years old and 60 pounds he can hardly use it....... 4 year old has another year or so.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 10:50pm
We got a Silverado at Bass Pro.  She loves it.  goes great about anywhere.  She has a small ATV at home she likes too, but at 4 has about outgrown it.  That reminds me, I should disconnect the battery for winter.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 10:57pm
Bought a tractor for the grandson at a rummage sale had to fix a broken wire and he got alot of use out of it, eventually after a few years the battery went bad so we added jumper wires with alligator clips and used a lawnmower battery. I wrapped the plastic back wheels with the tread I cut from some old lawnmower tires so it would go up the gravel driveway without spinning out.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 1:17pm
Daughter had a power wheels Barbie jeep. She drove it for several years then my son drove it till he ran full speed into the camper. I took th busted windshield and roll bar of and he still drove it till he got to big. Replaced batteries in it once. There good for smooth grass packed gravle and concrete or asphalt. The Barbie jeep had two 6 volts batteries. When you selected low speed it only ran on one battery and high used both. Had a drive motor in each rear wheel and seamed to go fairly well. When Rachaele was five she'd give on year old Luke rides in it. By the time Luke could drive himself she was to big. High speed was to fast when starting learning but it had a jumped you installed to limit to low speed.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 1:35pm
The GMC one's won't crank over.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 4:23pm
!!!!!!! NOW THATS FUNNY !!!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:36pm
Got a Barbie jeep in my shop right now being prepped for a full repaint. Seems the grandson is not too fond of a pink jeep.😆
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

The GMC one's won't crank over.
Easy now!
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 10:31pm
While back down in neighbors shop his kids had Barbie jeep and they couldn't keep batterie up so we strapped a truck batterie in it and then I wired in some bumper lights. That sure made it go good for awhile
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 7:49am
Tracy, the ones with the power to buzz around in the grass with power to spare are out there.  my now gone neighbor got a plastic john Deere that even pulled a little cart around on his property.  After wearing that one to a frazzle he went to a dune buggy style with the same power.  I never asked the origin of those things but was really impressed with the power.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 9:01am
Power  wheels has a green side by side looking dune buggy. I was wondering about it. Both kids could ride it at same time. We have an older one now that was used when I bought it. She has ridden it a million miles. Just wish I could find one reasonable with rubber tires. Thanks Tracy
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 1:34pm
TSC add has a Gator look alike that hauls 2 kids for $329 here. With all the extra Fruit & Nut safety things you generally get a better price in fly over country. 

Now if somebody will admit they bought a green one ,and say if it lasted any good. 
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 9:34pm
They can be souped up ! Go you tubin
kenye View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 8:38pm
buy a licensed ride on cars should be a good choice,such as BMW,AUDI,Ford etc. 
wide View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:12pm
I took (I mean was given)  one of the really small 4 wheelers,..
 might have been a little tikes.
  It was 6 volt with a little plastic, gear reduction motor but there was no battery so I upgraded it to a 12 volt riding mower battery.
 Had to carve the shell to make it fit.
 It was so small I had my knees over the top of the handle bars, balancing my ass on the seat.
That damn thing would take me across a bumpy yard,
those 6 volt motors never did burn out.
 It was fun to watch small kids ride it, their little heads would  snap back and off they'd go.Smile
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 11:53pm
go to youtube and watch "Barbie jeep races", that should show which ones are the bestest!
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 6:17am
Tracy, search "Barbie Jeep Races" on the net, good for a chuckle . . . . .

Famous last words "Hold my beer and watch this"!
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 1:10pm
We found the John Deere tractor and wagon at a yard sale and runs pretty good for being green. It has a lock out to prevent it from going into high speed until they are older.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic