This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad tooth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad tooth
    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 10:12pm
I gotta go in tomorrow and have one cut out. Dang roots look like a boat anchor. They go straight down and then turn up on the ends. Anybody else have this done? Anybody have teath screwed into your jawbone's? I've got 1 molar missing opposite of the one their gonna hack out tomorrow. Got's some damage to 2 other teeth too.   I'm thinking about asking them to put some perminate false teeth in.
Sponsored Links

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 10:12pm
I gotta go in tomorrow and have one cut out. Dang roots look like a boat anchor. They go straight down and then turn up on the ends. Anybody else have this done? Anybody have teath screwed into your jawbone's? I've got 1 molar missing opposite of the one their gonna hack out tomorrow. Got's some damage to 2 other teeth too.   I'm thinking about asking them to put some perminate false teeth in.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 10:22pm
I had a couple of them like that, the dentists arm got tuckered trying to get them out. I wanted them screw in teeth, but the bone structure wasn't big nuff to support them, they would have had to cut some hip bone off and attatch it to my jaw bones. so I got yankable falsies instead. that was about 20 sum years ago, was one of the best decisions I made, cept they get really hot in the summer and I yank them out and go without, I can still eat fine without them in.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 10:35pm
Hey Tom, what ya wanna know? I'm recovering from having what was left of my teeth removed and total upper and lower replacement implants put in. Had 14 post installed 2 weeks ago.
I'm guilty of not caring for mine for years, no way to work with what I had, so decided that this was my best choice for a healthy life.

Edited by JoeM(GA) - 28 Jan 2020 at 10:41pm
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 7:38am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I had a couple of them like that, the dentists arm got tuckered trying to get them out. I wanted them screw in teeth, but the bone structure wasn't big nuff to support them, they would have had to cut some hip bone off and attatch it to my jaw bones. so I got yankable falsies instead. that was about 20 sum years ago, was one of the best decisions I made, cept they get really hot in the summer and I yank them out and go without, I can still eat fine without them in.
LOLLOLLOL If they'd of done that, you'd be talkin' out your a$$ even more!LOLLOLLOL
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 7:39am
I've got the opposite problem, my roots are disappearing.  Dentist has asked me if a couple of teeth are loose yet there is so little root remaining! 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 8:45am
Dentist and I have a meeting tomorrow, EEK!!

I am not nor have ever been the type to take good care of what have. Massive amount of crowns and a bridge, teeth been filled on since very young but roots are as noted as if going for Oil, DEEP Rooted. Kinda guess 'Long in the Tooth' does fit.

Wisdom teeth had hooked roots, had to cut them out, teeth I have lost were so stubborn to get out almost needed a jack hammer or had to break them into small parts to remove. Still struggle along where if they get bad enough now just get them out, will deal with what have left and if needed just get dentures as My Dad and Grands all did.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 9:18am
Was at dentist yesterday... normal cleaning and checkup... I too have couple of bridges and a number of fillings... have had gum reconstruction surgery ( a definate pain in the mouth) because my gums were 'receding', whatever that means...I do know I can see a lot of tooth... Is that , long in the tooth?          but overall I can not complain.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 10:12am
I've always had an issue with getting yelled at by the dentist, and have my share of fillings and crowns.
About 3 years ago, i started using an Oral-B electric brush, the one with the round head.  It has a timer telling you when to move to the next quadrant in your mouth (30 sec).  I can honestly say that brush has made a huge difference in my teeth and gums.   The dentist has been very pleased with the progress and improvement.   I never thought an electric brush would make that much difference, but i'd never go back to a regular manual brush again.

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:16am
Well it's done. 1 hour In The chair. Took it out 1 small piece at a time. We got to talking about what they did in the 1860's. He said they broke the tooth off at the gum line and hoped for the best.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:20am
My wife has had two implants.  They are pricey and you need to find a Dr. that knows what they are doing.  Fortunately we were referred to one.

As for the bone Shamers is talking about.  They now have bone chips on hand to put in.  She had one hole that was perfect for the implant.  They had to put in some chips for the second one.  They went in and healed in place nicely.

After they are set, you go back to your regular Doc and s/he puts a new tooth on the post.

I believe the cost of the two procedures was right around $4000 for one tooth.  3 for the implant and 1 for the new tooth.  I was lucky, with very little insurance coverage we paid almost full price.  The implant Dr. had an outfit that had a 0% interest if you pay it off in 48 months.  It's called Care Choices, and it's a credit card type deal.  I just set it up for Auto payments and round up to the next 1/2 hundred.  Payment needed was $130 something so I set it up to pay $150.

MAKE SURE YOU GET A DR. THAT HAS DONE THESE MORE THAN ONCE!!  I can't stress that enough.  Read reviews and check to see what the Dr's rating is; Google him/her.

Good luck, you are looking atleast minimum 1 month for the whole thing to be finished.  It takes a few weeks for the implant to get grown into the bone.

Good Luck and enjoy your new teeth.  After the old tooth is gone, the rest is a painless procedure.

Edited by john(MI) - 29 Jan 2020 at 11:22am
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:33am
Tom, the permanent replacements are the way to go, but not the least expensive. Dentures and partials work great for some people and others can't even wear theirs. I had a four unit bridge put in back in early 1966 and it is still doing fine, guess I got my money's worth on it. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 1:10pm
Just took wife to denist and they made molds yesterday go back in 2 weeks for more molds and then gets bridge in 2 more weeks. Yes them screw in kind are expensive.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 2:14pm
Wonder how they fix em when they cross thread one or break a tap? It would be tight quarters for an ACME die head and a Tapomatic.

Edited by Walker - 29 Jan 2020 at 2:25pm
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 2:37pm
Walker, the threaded part is replaceable without disturbing the actual implant in the bone if damaged, after my surgeon started the screws in by hand, they have this tiny little torque wrench to tighten them into place, I told him how much my SnapOn torque wrench cost, he told me I could buy several for what his cost! John’s right, this set of teeth will total up to more than my first house when I’m done!
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 4:18pm
man you guys must have good insurance for implants. i need false teeth. anyone  know of a good outfit for that?
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 4:21pm
Most insurance won’t pay for them, I had to write a check for mine, ouch, ouch, ouch, would have been a lot cheaper to take better care of them, but a little late for that-
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 7:24pm
Got a new upper partial denture today from the VA.  The 1st one was made by a dentist contracted by VA couldn't get it to stop hurting, so when was having teeth cleaned I mentioned it to hygienist she got 'dentist to look at it he worked on it  some and finally said we'll make another one.  This one is much lighter and fits a lot better, got it around 1:30 and ate a burger about 2, never could eat much with 1st one.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Well it's done. 1 hour In The chair. Took it out 1 small piece at a time. We got to talking about what they did in the 1860's. He said they broke the tooth off at the gum line and hoped for the best.
He probably told ya about the thing they used called a turnkey with the hook on the side, shank and handle. They laid the hook over the tooth, put the shank along the jaw and twisted all the while your sitting there drunk as a skunk. The first time I seen one of them in a museum Couldn't take my eyes off it. Just picture Doc Holiday drunk, hacking his lung all over you and thumbing his Colt while he works.

Edited by Walker - 29 Jan 2020 at 9:17pm
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by JoeM(GA) JoeM(GA) wrote:

Walker, the threaded part is replaceable without disturbing the actual implant in the bone if damaged, after my surgeon started the screws in by hand, they have this tiny little torque wrench to tighten them into place, I told him how much my SnapOn torque wrench cost, he told me I could buy several for what his cost! John’s right, this set of teeth will total up to more than my first house when I’m done!
I've got one I think, I've had for years. Seems to me he used a double ended threaded stud in my jaw, self tapper if I remember right.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 10:38pm
Dang jaw is sore as heck tonight. Nothing but pie, icecream, and cake for 3 days. Oh well it's the grandsons 20 birthday tonight. I guess it's an excuse the eat pie, ice cream and cake for a while.😃. Actually the little old gal told me mac and cheese, meat balls, meat loaf, mashed taters, are the best for this for the next few days. Dad gum that little old nurse was good looking.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 9:24am
TMiller, can you tell us a little about getting dental work done by the VA.  Is it through a disability or some other qualification?
old farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 9:45am
From my experience each veteran case is different. Take your DD214 and go to your VA nearest where you live. They will work with you to get the benefits that you are entitled to.
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:06am
Now I have two visions in my head.

1. The old WC Fields routine at the dentist.

2. The Tim Conway/Harvey Corman routine on the Carol Burnett Show.

And lets not forget the old one about the ol' fella that goes to the dentist.
Just as the dentist gets ready to go in, the good ol' boy reaches over and grabs the dentist by the crotch before saying, "now, we're NOT going to hurt each other are we?".

Hopefully someone can post the old video skits.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 11:25am
Carol Burnett Show
[TUBE]9IUSM4EKcRI[/TUBE]

WC Fields YouTube has a number of them.
Here's one
[TUBE]qz84s0Se61g[/TUBE]
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 2:10am
my luck, the teeth would stop screwing in when they were in backwards!
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 6:38pm
Prechewed food might be a better idea.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 11:04pm
eeeeeewwwwww!
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 12:12pm
Seems this dentist thing is out of hand - lost a bridge about a month ago only 50 years old and cost me $250 back then - well another bridge is 10 years old and chipped porcelan about 3 years after it was put in - just lost most of porcelan now on that one - was $2,100 back then aut insurance paid $1,000 - now said $2,600 to replace it 
 Had a temp crown that broke - said $550 for another temp crown or $900 for permanent one . 
 No Dental insurance now so might have to see if Canada or Mexico have decent dentists  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 2:21pm
They do, but, Alberta has the highest dental rates in the country!  Many I know from here go to Mexico for dental work as it's less than a third of what they would pay here in Alberta.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic