This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bad four weeks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bad four weeks
    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 2:15pm
been kinda rough this month. got the flu I guess around the first of Jan. and haven't kicked it yet. Heart began kicking up Wed. so went to the hospital and can't even get up and walk across the living room without losing my breath. Hospital released me yesterday, and all I've done is lay around. Wife is about as bad or even worse. Oh, roads are icy slick. Heard about a fence row Wd here close. May try to salvage it this spring. Bad news from southwest of Fulton a few miles. She was around 80 and a good friend of ours. Her daughter lived with her who was badly schizophrenic. She attacked her mother , stabbing her repeatably and she was dead by the cops got there. We live in terrible times and getting worse. The only thing to help us are the words of Jesus at John17:3 Gonna have to hang it up. I'm playing out.          Leon
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 2:28pm
May the Lord refresh you body and in spirit.Will be remembering you and your friends in pray.

Edited by Ray54 - 25 Jan 2020 at 2:29pm
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 3:41pm
Hang in there bud,, hate to hear of the bad luck
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 4:40pm
Prayers for complete recovery for both you ad the wife. Prayers for the family that lost a brave soul. May God's mercy be with them. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 6:57pm
Prayers for a quick and full recovery for you and your wife and for the family of the lady that so tragically lost her life. We desperately need better care available for the mentally ill. Take it easy until you can kick the flu bug, what is going around this year is some nasty stuff.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 7:43pm
Praying for you and the Mrs. Leon.  Hope you'll be dancing a jig here in a few days.

"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 1:55am
Prayers for you and you wife..  I called a good friend of mine and wasn't able to reach him before Christmas  found out he pneumonia and it went to sepsis.  He called me yesterday and is in a rehab\retirement home hoping to come home by the end of February.  You just never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:01am

Well,,Hang in there,,Leon,,,lots of prayers and thoughts goin your wayClapClap
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:11am
prayers for you 2 down there, you better take the time now to rest up, a busy spring and summer is coming up soon!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 5:27am
Prayers for you and your wife. Prayers for your friends family. We are living in hard times.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:10am
Praying for you Leon! Darrel
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:24am
     Prayers for you and the Mrs. Don't overdo it. Don't know why it takes a whole lot longer to recover from an illness than it does to get it. Take care.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:16pm
Prayers for both of you, rest and be careful
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 2:37pm
Man Leon hard hearing all that. Have mid 70s neighbors like to stay somewhat private, had to call his house as his neighbors dogs were running beef on our place and I do not have his number. His wife answered that neighbor had just come home from Hospital after blood clot in his leg let go and went to a lung but he is doing OK. He has been trying to retire for several years, his wife keeps him out and moving most time but here lately he had been tractor for a hour or two, feed cows, check on calves, then go back home sit in recliner, next day more of same but each successive day more recliner time. Clots formed by not moving enough, do not get caught up like that!!
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 3:24pm
Thanks all you guys. Sometimes it's amazing how the old body can respond. Just got home from another visit to the hospital (week). Sure am weak and tired, but a little better today. Told me my lungs look like a piece of something you would scrub a pan with. If they can get it cleaned up and be careful with diet then I might get a few more hours out of it.LOL. My wife didn't think I was going to make it and there was a night two I would have agreed with  her. Anyway, got too much to do, so hammer down.       Leon
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 11:42pm
we both had that grunge too Leon, it DOES take the sap right out of you! now she has it again, 2nd round, I spose i'll catch it again too. I told her I loved her but wasn't gonna kiss her while she has the grunge! lol
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 1:00am
Get better there Leon, prayers from here to your house and those in it.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 1:36am

You all know,,,with thet DANG coronary virus from china,,I was readin  on,,CHIT,,it has the same symtoms as the flu, so us older folks gots to be double careful of being where people congregate especially where there is some ungrateful person that keeps coughin and makes no effort to "Cover Your Cough",,!!  I had to take the wife to her PCP for her yearly "Medicare Health Wellness Review" Thrusday and there was this dude tryin to cough up a lung and just sprayin chit all over. you could actually see it,!! Everybody had moved away from him but you finally gots to go outside,,39° or go home. I went and asked the receptionist to Please get him into an exam room by himself or everybody in waiting room were goin home. A nurse came out and gave him one of those creepy looking paper masks like on TV,,,,and,,,he refused to wear it,!! So, they moved him to an exam room,,! Some people are just natural born AH'S,,ain't they?

Leon,,,you gots to take care of yourself,,but don't be a couch potatoe,,,movin around some is good for your gettin better sooner,,,can't remember who told me that tho,,,,,LOL
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 8:35pm
Joe you're right, settin' around don't get it, but the puter is not heavy duty enough. Anyway, I do keep busy enough I guess. When it warms up I'll be making some knives goin' fishin', minor stuff like that. And I refinish some guns. Plus I've got to finish a walking stick for Ol' Shameless' better half. Was so run down couldn't get to it, but today I've seen an improvement, so the doc. may have prescribed the right heart med. this time. We'll see. And I'm getting serious about the weight thing. Oh' got to work the garden in there somewhere, and clean the line fences. Guess that's enough for now.      Leon

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic