This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B-110 front weight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strengthchain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B-110 front weight
    Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 6:09pm
Hello everyone! I'm a new owner of a nice old B-110. I bought it specifically to till and I have an 0039 tiller (Simplicity, I think, can't find the number, but it's the one without the clutch handle.)

So, I'm tilling on a bit of an incline and I lose steering because the front end is light. What options are out there to add weight to the front end. I saw a couple front axle mounting weight bars for B-10 and big tens. Would those fit?

thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 6:45pm
Yes they would be the same. B1-B212 would work
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 6:46pm
And welcome to forum. That's a nice looking B-110
strengthchain View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strengthchain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 7:06pm
That's good news, thanks for the confirmation!

I don't think my tiller is setup correctly. I'll post a bit more about that later. 
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 6:28am
I'll second Mike on that. That's a clean original B110. Congrat's and welcome to the AC family!!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
strengthchain View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strengthchain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:11pm
I got my tiller pulley that was rusted out installed. It's the $87 one with the 1 inch inner diameter ball bearing, of course, but I got the back yard project tilled up with it so it was totally worth it.

The wiring on this 110 is pretty much in shambles, and I think it would make a great repair project to get the lights all working again and rewire everything. I did order a front weight off ebay too, so that's going on soon. I'll probably switch to ag tires for fun. My fronts are mismatched. Anyone have an opinion on changing out to ag tires on the front? I want it to be a bit better in muddy conditions.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:20pm
I offer a new wiring harness for the B110 if interested. You can check it out on our website...
bb-customcircuits.com
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Animal Cracker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animal Cracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 7:37am
Welcome strengthchain,welcome to the addictions as of yesterday I am up to 14 B series lawn/garden tractors.Pick up a boat load information too.As I was reviewing it I found this section,it was offered by simplicity. I think it could be easily fabricated. were are in Pa located?uploads/18658/IMG_1159.JPG

Edited by Animal Cracker - 20 Apr 2019 at 7:39am
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 9:43pm
this is my front wieght and it needs it with rear equipment 
Animal Cracker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animal Cracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 5:48am
Thats an impressive looking unit. Would you share some details. Me like
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:12am
it has a model 32 briggs 16hp. in it that was an excellant move.  i use all 16     i have all the 10 hp and starer gen. there was nothing wrong with it and is all to gether with wire harnass voltage reg . for some one in need.      i have the tiller  thats only thing that i drop the cat. 0 three point hitch off for  , have snowthrower , front blade the wore ou wheeler tires really work good but they will be replaced with 14x7 carlisle farm specailist and will probley get rid of the duals. will go to 9 inch pulley with the new tires.    the tri ribs in the dirt turn real well have many cat. 0 implements , it also has center lift arms for mower deck  and grader blade , i am going to use the belt drive on the flywheel for a hyd pump were the starter gen used to be and add a hi lo to it.       
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic