This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B Value ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B Value ?
    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 3:25pm
I have a customer that has decided to sell his '55-56 model B with a 5' Woods belly mower.  It's been rewired, converted to a distributer ignition but still 6 volt positive ground, and spare blades and a belt for the mower. He says he has the original wiring harness for some reason LOL. He's just trying to not make a fool of himself when pricing it on a classified section. Thanks
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 3:37pm
$900 for the tractor and $700 for the mower. = $1600.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 3:47pm
Thanks Steve, I've got a feeling this gentleman is thinking it's worth a whole lot more (don't we all) WinkWink.But, I told him that I would inquire on here for "values". Thanks again.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 6:44pm
October aint the best time to sell a garden tractor / mower..... if it was may, he might get a few more bucks....... I love the little Bs, but they dont bring a lot of money... People would rather to to Menards and buy a 22 HP lawn mower for $2000. NEW
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 7:33pm
Huge variable in condition, too
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Richardmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 7:49pm
There was a Allis B original condition this weekend at a sale.

Sold for 3675.00

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 7:54pm
i have a few i would sell for half of that !!!  Two fools met that day !
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 1:14pm
Yup! send some of them my way---fixum right up!! lol! ---bout $900 complete with the mower!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 5:48pm
Thanks fleet,  I had a bad feeling that these relics weren't worth what this guy is expecting Wink
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 10:01am
I would say around $1000 around here, tractor and mower.  Especially now that tractor prices have tanked again.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 8:42pm
OMG !!  There's a '47 IH model B with the same Woods belly mower on the local CL for $2500 ??!! It's a NF though Confused.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 9:28pm
depends on the condition of the tractor and the mower.. Hard to get $2500, but possible is someone REALLY WANTS it...... under $1000. is a little cheap if the mower is in good condition.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 6:54pm
I was mistaken on the brand, it's a Farmall Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic