This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B pinion shaft bearing replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brent-pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B pinion shaft bearing replacement
    Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 4:23pm

My SIL was plowing snow w/his B and started making grinding noises,we started looking and found the outer Bull pinion shaft bearing is gone, checked out the manual and found its no easy fix-- any shortcuts or pitfalls before I jump in headfirst?

D17,D15,WD45,(2)WC's,(4)CA's,(4)C's,(4)B's,G,616
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 5:38pm
I think sometimes thick gear lube has trouble getting to that bearing. I have done a couple. NO easy out. YOu take off wheel and hub, remove the final drive case from the transmission.  Take out the brake shoes,  loosen the drum and press  out the top shaft. You can remove the outer cover with the outer race and "look", but i dont think you can ge the bearing off the top shaft without removal of the shaft.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
brent-pa View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brent-pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 6:03pm

Thanks,

That's what I thought,  but was hoping someone had a shortcut! 
Oh well  I guess we'll tear into it.

D17,D15,WD45,(2)WC's,(4)CA's,(4)C's,(4)B's,G,616
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 6:46pm
You might try using a torch some after removing cap . try heat race red hot and let cool . If you can tap on it some while it is hot  and it might loseing up and you can get it off.  Be sure to wear goggles.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic