This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

b hydraulic cultivators conversion???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmwagschal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: b hydraulic cultivators conversion???
    Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 8:15pm

Is there any way to convert  my manual cultivator lift on my '41 B to use the hydraulic cylinder on the rear  to raise and lower the culticators?  Looking at it i would think there would be a way , i know i am not the first person to think of this , but i cant seem to find any discussions or pictures about it

Sponsored Links

Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 8:41pm
There sure is a way. But it entails about 4 or 5 changes. 1 the rod from the hand lift lever to the rockshaft has to be a male-female 2 piece rod so the hydraulics can lift the cultivator and not affect the hand lift. the 2 springs are removed and only 1 is used on the right, to put down pressure on the cultivators, 3 you will need a C shaped bracket to bolt into the hole where the right spring was removed. it wraps around the shaft and the bar coupling from the hydra ram bolts to it. The factory bar that connects to the rear rockshaft, has a hole in it for the spring to reattach. and of course you must has the rear rock shaft. I can scan a picture from my manual to explain it better.
Bob 
Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 8:42pm
send me your e-mail address and I'll send you a picture.
nmwagschal View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmwagschal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 8:46pm
i sent you an email
 thanks
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 10:11pm
If you get the hydraulic lift kit for the sickle bar mower, it is also the same to lift the cultivators.

Go with what Bob sends you. Easier than finding one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic