This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

at least 2000 cattle dead in Kansas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: at least 2000 cattle dead in Kansas
    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 7:11pm
What happened? Anyone seen this?

https://www.bitchute.com/video/5i7Dmaa6nmRj/
405, 7000, 7050, 8050, 8070, L3, 2300 & 2600 disk
Sponsored Links

KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 8:11pm
A combination of extreme heat and extreme humidity are being blamed according to what was on ag day news. The size/weight of them maybe part of issue. 
 It happened in W C Iowa about 25 years ago, 105 by 3pm, clear sky, very humid, no wind. Luckily the small town volunteer fire departments were running to farms hoseiing down cattle & the lots. Neighbor lost around 100 head that were nearly market ready, quite a few other also. 

AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 8:25pm
Very sad as those working the feedlots should have been ready
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 1:12am
i remember as a kid spraying our animals down when the temps were hot and humid, we also chased alot of our pigs out onto dirt lots and made them water/mud puddles to lay in.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 9:12am
That along with thousands upon thousands of momma cows going to slaughter every week for the past year. Cows gonna be in short supply soon.
Scary
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

That along with thousands upon thousands of momma cows going to slaughter every week for the past year. Cows gonna be in short supply soon.
Scary
Hadn't heard about this "angle" of things.   Why?  

I mean, I can put together lots of reasons why: Price of fertilizer, price of fuel, relatively "high" sale price of these momma cows, price of feed, lack of feedlot labor. . . . But, is there a biggest factor or other factor driving this?
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 11:16am
From area from Texas to the Dakotas west to the Pacific has been in drought. From a year to 3 years. That is home to about half the beef cows in the USA. Most all that area shipped 10% more than normal of there cows last season, some way over 50%.

In my own case we finally kept a few heifers, just because we have dropped cow numbers for 3 years. Right now as hay is being baled here $300 a ton is cheap hay, really good hay is $400 and up.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 11:31am
Talk about the looming food crisis. . . . . and pumping the aquifer dry to keep going.  It's going to implode.  Feeders ~ 1.75 right now.  Which, is nice for me, but man what's coming in the next few years.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Talk about the looming food crisis. . . . . and pumping the aquifer dry to keep going.  It's going to implode.  Feeders ~ 1.75 right now.  Which, is nice for me, but man what's coming in the next few years.

Foot and Mouth desdiese cattle out of Brazil by JBS.
Mystery meat from Australia that has a good bit of kangaroo ( don't laugh they got caught doing it before)  
A mix of chemical out of a lab, that is labeled lab grown meat

ALMOST forgot plant proteins combined with mystery chemicals called veg looks like meat   

Edited by Ray54 - 17 Jun 2022 at 11:54am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:15pm
Yummy.  Hopefully my health and means remain to continue to eat what I raise!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:33pm
  Makes the meat at the local slaughter house even better
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 3:14pm
Like Ray I believe it is mostly drought and the fact that younger generations don’t like calving cows at 3:00 am on a nice frosty January morning
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 1:19pm
  Personally i'm waiting for the rest of the story!  as paul harvey would say!  those feedlot dudes are sharp and have dealt with heat stress for years!   
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 1:58pm
About 25, 30 years ago, it was a real hot Sunday, high humidity, and about 5:00 that evening, the wind just stopped, no breeze, nothing. Cattle just started dropping dead. I know of one operation, that lost about 5% of the herd.
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 8:28pm
in the olden days where cattle were fed corn; death loss was expected.  in today's world with feeding gluten; death loss is almost unheard of!

Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 1:07am
Drought is the biggest reason for the herd reduction.  The guy I help we have a couple of extra cows that will be hamburger by year's end.  But we keep the herd size at a constant number..
Rex N.C. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rex N.C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 9:57pm
My neighbor that was a dairy farmer never lost any due to heat. His pastures usually had a couple ponds and a creek ran through it also. He did loose a big holstein bull to lightening 1 night though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic