This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ashland Ohio show details?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ashland Ohio show details?
    Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 6:38am
I know that several here are familiar with the show. It's in my back yard but I have never been there. What goes on at the show? meaning what can I belt my tractor up to and exersize it? Got a dyno, baker fan etc?  Shine'em and line'em shows excite me about as much as watching grass grow.
Sponsored Links

Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 7:22am
Do you think that old A you have will realy run anything that takes more then 35 hp to run. LOL
tom (OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 7:22am
We have no dyno or anything to belt to. Nobody owns one. We have a parade on Saturday.
Tom
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 7:29am
Thanks Tom, I knew you would know but I lost your phone number.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

Do you think that old A you have will realy run anything that takes more then 35 hp to run. LOL

Now I am sad Fred,,,

tom (OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 7:42am
That is unless you want to help thresh wheat. If you can convince John to take his IH off the thrasher.
Tom
R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 7:54am
Butch,  I could bring over a buzz saw.  Richard
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 7:58am
Richard, do you have anything that is less work? LOL
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 8:09am
Butch since when are you scared of anything that looks like work?  Isn't that what the boys are for?  LOL!   Mike
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 3:16pm
Richard, what kinda wood ya gonna put on that saw that would make Butch's A bark?

If I thought it might be a workout for his tractor, heck, Deb and I would drive out!!!!
R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 3:53pm
cottonwood should do it
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 4:45pm
Come on guys, give Butch a break. Butch, bring your A to our show and we can find several things to hook it to. We have a sawmill, silage cutter blower, threshing machine, dyno and a few other things along with a few plows you can hook on to. The thing is you gotta be a paid up member and go to a safety meeting to be involved in field demonstrations. http://www.ae-ta.com
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 5:20pm
Charlie, Satety meeting aint a bad idea, seen some people do some pretty stupid stunts at shows. Shows like yours are why we usualy head west but we are short on time this season and boys are both away at finishing school.
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 5:31pm
Butch, take that thing to Dover to the pioneer power show.  They have a bunch of stuff to play on.  The neatest thing is a dyno type thingy that is a big resistor.  Make the best of them bark.  Mt Hope has a show that all the fence jumpers bring their big 2 bangers to and dyno.  Kinda fun watching an 830 crank 100plus hp on the dyno.  Would be nice to see an AC there doing its thing

maybe I'll see you at the show.  Not sure if I am going friday or sat
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Nate (OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nate (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

Now I am sad Fred,,,

was this taken at gibsonburg a few yrs ago?
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 6:30am
Nate, That pic was taken at the GOTO in Michigan a few years ago as we let the smoke, out of some poor fellows new prony brake that had never had serious HP attached to it. Our gasoline A is pretty stout @35HP eh Fred? LOL
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 6:38am
Nate, The other end of the belt, poor guy was sh***en razor blades wondering if his gizmo was going to wrap up in a ball before he got a full load on the A, Thanks Brad for preserving the moment.
Brad MI View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 9:37pm
Yep Butch, it was a hoot taking those pics at the Hickory Corners GOTO. I wasn't as brave as those standing next to the brake, I was standing back and zooming in for the shot! They kept opening the water flow valve more and more to cool it off, but the brake just made more steam, then started smoken! I like the smirk on Butch's face, no smoke coming from the A, and the concern on the pony brake operator, lol. 

Edited by Brad MI - 08 Jul 2010 at 9:38pm
Nate (OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nate (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 9:02am

Thats pretty impressive Butch, when is the GOTO usually put on?  Seems like a show I may have to check out. 

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 9:17am
Nate, There are normally 2 Gathering Of the Orange shows each year. East and West. They have been held from Florida to California to Canada. They are held during annual shows at different clubs all over the place. May have to have one in England some day so Dave E and family can show us their stuff all lined up. Shows should be on on the calendar on this site and are listed in Old Allis News.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Jason(OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 11:11pm
Nate, next Gathering of thr Orange in Ohio will be at the Plain City show in July, 2012. Only a couple hours from home for me.
bigfish_Oh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish_Oh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 11:33pm
I have been missing Plain city(40 miles) because I go out to Dales(250 miles) always the same weekend.

2012 they are consecutive weekends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1941 WC sat for 29 years,started & dynoed 27 h.p.
1957 WD45 Grandpa bought new,factory p.s.,added wfe
1951 WD, factory p.s.
1960 D14 HnMk IV BkHoe 4 sale
2014 HD Tri Glide
2009 GMC CC SLT Dually
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic