This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armstrong 1/2 Drive 15 INCH Ratchet 12-973

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btred1466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armstrong 1/2 Drive 15 INCH Ratchet 12-973
    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:14am
Does anyone here have an Armstrong 12-973 1/2 Inch Drive Ratchet with a 15 Inch Handle ?

I have one and I got it for free a while ago but it has no Screws/Bolts to hold the Ratchet Head Cover on. It was Zip Tied to hold together.

What kind/size of Screws/Bolts were used to hold the Ratchet Cover on? I want to find the same kind that was originally used when the Ratchet was new. They look like from pictures on Google and Ebay that I found were Allen Hex Heads.

Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by btred1466 btred1466 wrote:

Does anyone here have an Armstrong 12-973 1/2 Inch Drive Ratchet with a 15 Inch Handle ?

I have one and I got it for free a while ago but it has no Screws/Bolts to hold the Ratchet Head Cover on. It was Zip Tied to hold together.

What kind/size of Screws/Bolts were used to hold the Ratchet Cover on? I want to find the same kind that was originally used when the Ratchet was new. They look like from pictures on Google and Ebay that I found were Allen Hex Heads.

If I were in your situation, I'd find a tap that fits the threads, by trial and error.  Once you know the diameter and thread count, by reading what's written on the tap, go to McMaster-Carr, and search for what you need.  You will also need to know the length, from under the head, to the end of the bolt.

Here's a link:

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
btred1466 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btred1466 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 9:56pm
I am hoping someone on here has one and also hope someone could take a screw/bolt out and measure it and tell me what it is exactly. Also a Picture or 2 would be nice. I would do it for someone if I could help anyone ever, without a second thought.

I want to get what is supposed to be used to hold the covers together like when it was brand new. 

Also it a Tool that is Made In The USA, something kind of rare these days.

I really hope someone knows and can help.

Edited by btred1466 - 05 Oct 2020 at 9:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic