This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone interested in the Holocaust?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone interested in the Holocaust?
    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 8:09pm
I found a book called. the secret HOLOCAUST DIARIES The untold story of Nonna Bannister. The title is spelled that way. I got the first chapter read today. So far I would recommend it to anyone interested in the Holocaust.
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 8:31pm
Everyone who claims to be an American should read and pay close attention to anything telling about the Holocaust. We are headed back down that road now.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:10am
As a young man travelled thru Germany in 1972 with my parents
Was interested and went to Dachau camp as was on the route we were taking
Evil feel to the place, a pall of death surrounded it and a odor in the background hard to identify or relate to yet inescapable
Gas chamber and oven buildings still standing then
The museum was a departure from humanly civil as to what these people endured
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:48am
So did Miller used to be Mueller?

I had an uncle who changed his name to Miller from Mueller.....didn't want to be associated with the wrong sort.

And for anyone interested, go visit the Holocaust Museum in Wash DC.

I still fume when I even think of the movie Schindler's List. The one thing I always think was why didn't they put up a fight. Then you have to remember a few years prior to that, they confiscated all the guns.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 9:09am
Until 1905 Miller was Muller.  Great Grandfather on Dad's Side Grandfather's Father was a Muller until changed in 1905, was a bit of discrimination against Germans turn of 20th century in Midwest.  Were living in Verona MO born in IA as Muller, married a Grau in Verona and moved to Alton IL.  Was a Black Smith had own shop and also worked Olin Winchester Western as a Millwright.

Blacks have no 'Absolute Ownership' of Discrimination.

My other family was Bohemian(Czech) and Irish and were treated as outcasts late 1800s/early 1900s.

Edited by DMiller - 16 Feb 2021 at 9:14am
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 9:30am
Originally posted by modirt modirt wrote:

So did Miller used to be Mueller?

I had an uncle who changed his name to Miller from Mueller.....didn't want to be associated with the wrong sort.

And for anyone interested, go visit the Holocaust Museum in Wash DC.

I still fume when I even think of the movie Schindler's List. The one thing I always think was why didn't they put up a fight. Then you have to remember a few years prior to that, they confiscated all the guns.

When they finally did get armed they started the Warsaw uprising, they were sure the Russians would help who were close enough to see Warsaw, didnt lift a finger.

The Commies hated the Jews also, let the Germans destroy them.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 9:34am
Stalin was in Hitler's pocket early on, Hitler turned on him in 41 long after the Ghetto incidents.  USSR was NOBODIES friends in WWII, just used the Allies for materials and fuel.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 11:58am
Interesting times for sure as the Germans were full of innovation and spite- sad what Hitlers untimate end goal was how he even thought he could acheive it  , also sad the hard times and misery those people went thru 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 1:36pm
Had he not began Operation Barbarossa he likely could have defended the France Coast against a Allied Invasion and Won.  Bombing raids were not delivering massive results except in Allied loss of aircraft, a loss at D Day would have set us back five to ten years then AH could have done as he pleased.  The New V-Weapons coming to the front lines would have sealed that.

Edited by DMiller - 16 Feb 2021 at 1:37pm
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 5:45pm
There's a Holocaust Museum here in one of the suburbs here.  The wife won't go because it's so sad.  Her mother was born in 1933 Russia.  They foraged for several years making soup out of anything, mostly weeds.  They were stopped by German soldiers and put on a gallows.  An officer came by and got them off of it.  It was a brutal time for her, her mother and the others in their group.  Can you imagine being a 10 year old girl living thru those times?  She has a special dislike for the fascists!!  Learning all about those times in History classes was a very sad awakening.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 6:13pm
The amount of evil and hate done by man to man never ceases to amaze and sicken me

Kind of ironic, another thread going on about the absence of Lonn, and he’s a denier. Oh well.
caledonian View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caledonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 6:44pm
If the war would have been set back any length of time Germany would have gotten the atomic bomb. It was intended to be used on them first. Also if we had stood up to Stalin more and had just gave them enough help to only keep them in the war
the western allies could have overrun all of Germany, Austria and Czechoslovakia. That could have possibly eliminated the cold war. Pattons 3rd Army over run a lot of that country anyway but had to give it back because of Roosevelt giving things away at Yalta. To Stalin. The west should have stood up for Poland. instead of giving it all to Stalin. A lot of the war materials that we sent to Russia should have been kept for our own use. The Nazis were pure evil in how they killed the Jews. But Stalin probably had more people killed than Hitler did. Both were satin.
Dorix View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 6:57pm
  Caledonian an interesting book on what we gave Stalin that we shouldn't have is Major Jordan's Diaries it's long out of print but I doubt it's expensive on the used market.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 7:52pm
I just got thru the first half of the book. It talks about her young life in Russia and all the dang snow they got over Christmas day. Hired man had to scoop out the back door it must have been completely covered in snow. They outlawed Christmas but celebrated New Years instead. Just got to the part where the Germans are coming. Gots a show on pbs I'd like to see at 10:30 tonight,probably won't be able to stay awake, I never got 1 minute of sleep last night. Sorta hurt some and the dang dog stood outside of my window, barked all night. At least I didn't have to get up and P.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 9:03pm
I had a second cousin, an officer, who went in D plus 3 or 6, I have heard it both ways. He was an MP over 30 to 40 men. They went along side the 101st  air born. He later got to be a chauffeur for Generals Marshall and Paton. He told of a town, I forget the name that had one of the many such camps. I have a newsprint picture of a group of Generals standing beside a mass grave there. Off to the side, standing alone, was a tall and thin soldier. No way to know if it was him or not. 

I DO NOT WANT to make this political so don't jumping on me. I just get an uneasy ill feeling whenever I see a leader/speaker of anything trying to whip up a crowd. (change is always best for the salesman) My best friend almost got caught up in a mob at ISU back in the days of VEISHEA. He told how the energy of the crowd would build. Fires got set and people just took leave of their minds.  
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 9:26pm
I have a first cousin who married a Muller from Iowa.  I will have to check and see what part of Iowa he's from, he may be one of your long lost cousins
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 7:14am
Pershing wanted to squash the Bolshevik Revolution at the end of WW1 as well.  Imagine the huge difference in paths...Wilson said no.
caledonian View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caledonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 7:14am
Both books The Holocaust Diaries and Major Jordan's Diaries sound like good reading. I'll look for them. Thanks.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:03am
Russia should have been attended to at end of WWII, would have been less issue for the rest of the world.  China is now the problem and will remain so until saber rattling commences to hard shooting war.
Both those nations forgot quickly was saved in BOTH wars by the West.

Edited by DMiller - 17 Feb 2021 at 8:08am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 9:22am

What I dont understand is WW 2 started when Germany invaded Poland, Russia invaded the other half and there were zero consequences, as a matter of fact they became our ally???

Stalin murdered way more people then Hitler, the Russians were worse then the Germans in some respects, look at the rape of Germany and the bombing and sinking of any vehicles or ships with a red cross on it.

In parts of Russia the Germans were hailed as liberators.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Pershing wanted to squash the Bolshevik Revolution at the end of WW1 as well.  Imagine the huge difference in paths...Wilson said no.

Wow, didnt know that one.
Dorix View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 2:31pm
  Never green I've never heard a good reason why we went to war with Germany but allied with Russia they were both evil, expanding and killing millions. I've heard some argue that WW11 was largely a failure in that much of what Germany and Japan had conquered ended up communist. In fact I think Churchill said something to that effect.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 2:37pm
Churchill's Iron Curtain speech here at Fulton MO Westminster College is where that was noted.  The man had a mind that could foresee what ends our alliances would bring.
ford8nwd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ford8nwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 5:04pm
Wife and I went thru Dachau in 1954, just a few years after it was closed, you could still see ovens with ashes in them. Very chilling.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic