This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody ever use one of these?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody ever use one of these?
    Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 8:29pm
[TUBE]zL4E7OfImfk[/TUBE]

Just wondering,  I have another use, in mind fer it...

Oh, and FFWD to about 16 minutes in, the guy doing the review is kinda windy...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 08 Dec 2018 at 8:40pm
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 8:44pm
Those are the longest T posts I've ever seen! Is he raising giraffes or drilling Wells?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
RonnieJones View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:01pm
Seems a bit wobbly to me and annoying but I would give it a try. 
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:20pm
Tyler, need one that high to keep the deer out. See a lot of nurseries in this area with tall fencing. He definitely needs a taller ladder, a lot less expensive than a trip to the ER. With my luck that ladder would tip over and I would bust my arse.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:47pm
Well, I wanna KNOW what you have in mind for it Dave??  Not illegal is it?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 12:49am
We rented one to put in 1000 feet of t posts. Got tired of lifting it so we hooked a chain to ti and lifted it with a loader. Worked great in our hard rocky ground.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Tyler, need one that high to keep the deer out. See a lot of nurseries in this area with tall fencing. He definitely needs a taller ladder, a lot less expensive than a trip to the ER. With my luck that ladder would tip over and I would bust my arse.

Makes sense. A neighbor here took regular t posts and put field wire about half way up then a 6 ft piece of pvc pipe on that and tied field wire to it. Seemed to work but I believe it would be cheaper and easier to shoot the deer or buy the veggies
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 9:24am
A great big loader with down pressure is much easierThumbs Up
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 11:03am
Backhoe works just fine.  Last time I did fencing we had a long stretch.  The other guy did the tee posts with his foot.  A flash flood came thru and took out the fence in the river bottom.  I had to did the holes and plant the corner and brace posts.  It was probably close to 1000 feet.  We stretched the barbed wire with the WD45  I think it was three strand.  we used the woven wire stretcher and did all three wires at the same time.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 3:00pm
gosh...I could T-post a city bots car to the ground with that!
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 3:44pm
Paul, it would seem so but also growing up back east with that moisture/water table, I would agree until living here in N. TX. 
I have to add water 3-4 times over an hour or so before I can even think of driving a tee post here, usually anytime from June through to September most years. If we get decent rains it still takes days of rain off and on before you can get em' in and big ranchers I know just rent a trailer mounted pressure washer when doing fence replacement of a mile or more when we have had no rains and they have to get it done.Blast em' in by starting the hole as even a pick axe will not get the ground broken and a FEL will just bend the post.
Even a FEL mounted auger will sit there and bounce and we used a 10' cheater with a fella hangin off the back of my 3-pt. auger to get holes done for 2-7/8 oilfield tubing we cemented in around my shop, 5-10 days after good rains.
As for the auto-drivers, I have not seen that type, just the air driven units that are small and light but you need to drag air along.
If I had to do a good stretch of tee posts, the air driven would be it for me.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 4:39pm
Whats wrong with a T post driver by hand ? Just hammer them in
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 5:24pm
Gonna hook it up to a zoysia plugger, possibly.  At $275 or so might be cheaper than fixin the old dynadigger I usedta use...Wink

[TUBE]TxamY1FPPlY[/TUBE]

Edited by DiyDave - 09 Dec 2018 at 5:29pm
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 6:03pm
I'm gonna put in another 1/2 mile of woven/barb wire next summer. I believe I'll just use my old post driver. I bought a post driver at a sale once, had a big spring inside, supposed to take the jar outta driving T posts. About the 3rd post I tried to drive, the piece of junk went into the iron pile. Darn spring absorbed all the down pressure of the driver. Live and learn.
marion View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 7:16am
highway dept here uses a 20# hydraulic jackhammer to drive in sign post, it I ever had to drive in another t-post I would build me a socket for 90# jackhammer and drive them in ground with airpressure
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:21am
This is great with the spade attachment, no more shallow graves for those pesky hikers to stumble upon. LOL
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic