This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody else on board with 6.5 grendel?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade001x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody else on board with 6.5 grendel?
    Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 11:07am

Built this 2yrs ago and have had nothing but luck, if you point at it it'll hit it.
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 10:06am
Coworker has one he built, thinks it's great. I'm kind of old school, if your going to shoot 6.5mm, a .264 Winchester seems like the right one to me.

Disclaimer; I'm a bolt gun guy and haven't done a whole lot of rifle shooting the last 20 years or so.
Ade001x View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ade001x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 10:23am
I've shot 7/16" 3 shot groups with it @ 100yrds before. Just yesterday I shot a quart oil bottle at 550yrds and the a 5 quart jug at 950yrds, nothing but luck with it.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 11:02am
I too am a bolt gun guy, .243 Ruger M77 is my preference, also a flat shooter to 200 yds.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 12:21pm
Ade, that's good shooting.

Old shooting buddy said; If you were aiming at it and hit it, that's skill, not luck.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 11:54am
Nice rifle! Good freind has one that is very accurate! I have a heavy barrelled Savage bolt gun in 6.5 Creedmoor that can shoot one hole groups at 100 yds with 125 gr Winchester ammo. For long range accurate shooting the 6.5 mm bullet has the best coefficient. 6.5 Creedmoor is identical to the 6.5 Swedish Mauser and the 6.5 Grendel is close. 6.5 Swede has been in use as a Military and Hunting Caliber for over 100 years and been used on Caribou and Moose with good service just not past 300 meters as the cartridge is accurate just not the knockdown power of say a 7mm Remington Mag or 300 Winchester Mag. But the 6.5 is pleasant to shoot with a lot lower recoil!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:36pm
what is the Scope ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 20 Feb 2019 at 1:37pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

what is the Scope ?

It's like a magnifying glass for a sight so you can see and shoot farther!LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:07pm
 many moons ago,,there was a hardware store in town that sold all kinds of military surplus guns and I tried to buy one every year for hunting. One year he had some Swedish Mausers in 6.5 X 55 so I bought one,,,If I remember right,,you couldn't mount a scope on It because of the open sights and they weren't drilled for a scope anyway so open sights it was,,,I remember paper plate groups with open sights at 100 Yds and did get a 6 point that year,,,Clap 
 Only'ist thing bad was the only'ist cartridges he had were heavy 160 or might of been 175 grain round nose bullets,,,good for killin roooskies at 100 yards but not too good on deer at 250 yards,,, I hadn't started reloadin yet so I wound up selling that one. I did buy 3 British Enfields in .308 that had the long Enfield actions,,,just perfect for rebarreling to two sweet 30-06 rifles,,and one .257 Roberts Improved that I still have,,,,Clap
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:46pm
Anyone have a Mosin-Nagant?   Has to be one of the most fun military rifles I've ever fired.  Great accuracy but sounds like a cannon going off.
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:08pm
[TUBE]45ms8GosilQ[/TUBE]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic