This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any John Wayne fans out there?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any John Wayne fans out there?
    Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 12:04pm
On 8-27-22 the John Wayne Museum will be celebrating 40 years of being open. It's located in Winterset Iowa, in his birthplace. Yes The original house it still there.   The new addition is located 1 block south of the square on John Wayne Drive. Ya his family ok'd the street name change years ago. I've been to the museum, there is a lot of personal stuff in there donated by his kids. Even many years after his passing, people are still showing up to see his stuff. They do sell his DVD's there, if your missing one of his movies they probably have it there.
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 12:31pm
Big fan here Pilgrim. One of Cora's favorite movies is McClintock
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 12:46pm
My own as well thendrix.
8070nc View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8070nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 1:21pm
My favorite actor. When he got to the river he never slowed down
1984 80780
1957 D14
DES 300 with 25000 engine
616 tractor
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 2:44pm
My wife is huge John Wayne fan, she really likes the older movies he was in, even if was a ‘minor’ star.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 9:14pm
The Shootist by far my favorite, especially watching it and knowing that he knew this was his last film and the way the other actors worked with him is pure respect, another one a lot of people don’t talk about is “In Harms Way” again another favorite of mine.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 9:25pm
A fellow I know here in town dedicated his whole basement to JW, now he's selling off alot of it, took alot of it to Onawa IA last weekend and sold it.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 10:31pm
Yes I'm a John Wayne fan!
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 10:41pm
Thanks for the info.  I was in Winterset on Memorial Day Weekend a few years back when they had a birthday party for John.  His daughter was there and a few other VIP's.  A great celebration!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 4:54am
Always look forward to In Harm's Way as depicts the US in those infamous years, even Rio Bravo or El Dorado being less than Artistic Talent of Actor or Actress in them are still great to me. When Movies were entertaining for the day, not escape from life as we know it now.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 6:42am
My wife is an "ape crazy" John Wayne fan. Probably more John Wayne fanatic than I am Allis chalmers fanatic.
I don't mind him, but with my wife in control of the remote, I've seen so many of his movies so many times, that I don't really need to see any more of em.
Darrel
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 8:36am
In Harms way was filmed while I was stationed in Kaneohe Bay Hawaii and our company USMC was some extras in the film.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 8:39am
We visited the museum some years ago before the new building. Might be easier to list who is not a John Wayne fan. What a great guy. Wish we had some like him now.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 10:42am
Was riding in CO in 2010, went from Durango to Silverton to Ouray on Million Dollar Highway 550.  Stopped at Ouray where had a beer at Ouray Brewing and a bite to eat.  Fellow rider headed S to our N chimed in said needed to see the Ouray Courthouse, so went for a walk, just up the grade from the brewery, nondescript brick courthouse, almost looked abandoned or underused but as walked in was astonished.  This was where the Courtroom Scenes for True Grit were shot, the movie itself was shot north from there at Ridgeway.  JW Memorabilia is EVERYWHERE in Ouray and Ridgeway.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 3:27pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:20pm
We had our local farmers market 1 block north of the museum. At times it was a very busy day for the folks working there. I live west of town, but when I got packed up, I went north before I went west. Traffic was very heavy and it was a beautiful day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic