This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

antique tractor magazine subscription?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: antique tractor magazine subscription?
    Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 1:43pm
Do any of you guys have any sugestions to any good ones?
p.s I like pictures!
In Search Of: 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel serial #9643D
Sponsored Links

Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 1:51pm
There are 3 or 4 that originate in Great Britain. Check out the magazine rack at TSC. Antique Power is the only non denominational mag I can think of from the U.S.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 1:53pm

Antique Power magazine has lots of pictures, and there is a monthly article  the "Plow Peddler"  by Walt Buescher who was an Allis Chalmers employee. Interesting stories in the day as an Allis employee. He held several job positions, and also has a book out "The Plow Peddler.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 2:38pm
I get antique power and farm collector. I like both but antique power is more likely to show some orange. I wish all of them came monthly.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 6:09pm
Old Allis News should be an obvious choice.  Vintage Tractor Digest is also a good one.

http://www.vintagetractordigest.com/
Reeseholler View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reeseholler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 7:13pm
I enjoy my antique power mag. Of course, I only get Antique power, World War II, and Military History so I guess I'm kind of biased in the tractor department. I like AP because they show a lot of the lesser ones that I don't normally see. I think the articles are good too for details.
kip in cny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 8:02pm

Heritage Iron is a great mag They cover 100hp + from the 60's up  and impelments and all kinds of farming stuff.  I realy like that  check out their web sight. 

160 CA 920diesel 5020 HD-3
Anthony View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 11:06pm
I get Antique Power and Tractor Shop, two of the best I think

www.tractorshop.com
Tramway Guy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tramway Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 7:41am
I liked "The Plow Peddler" articles as well, unfortunately Mr. Buescher has passed away, and no more columns will be forthcoming as a result.
Dale-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 10:19am
I get tractor and Machinery comes from UK.  Has lots of pictures and articles.  I enjoy seeing the different tractors and set ups that they have in Europe.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic