This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

another d21 finished

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d17brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: another d21 finished
    Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 8:53pm
here is apic of a series 2 d21 i just finshed,waiting for chrome from shop to put on grill yet
Sponsored Links

d17brown View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d17brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 8:55pm
amac View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 9:21pm
Beautiful job. Looks good. Those 21's are an icon for allis just like the A's were at one time.
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 9:25pm
Even in the work clothes, those are beautiful machines. Excellent job sir. Makes one proud to be in the orange family.
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 7:06am
Absolutely, hands down, the best looking tractor ever made!!!! NICE !!!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Eddie(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 7:43am

Looks great Phil, and the new chrome will make it perfect!  I certainly hope I can point my paint gun, at one of my own someday.  Keep up the good work, Eddie
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 7:52am
Nice job!  I like the 4-rib fronts.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 8:31am
Nice job ! !
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 8:51am

Very nice, I am envious!

Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 5:14pm
Beautiful job. Looks good. Those 21's are an icon for allis just like the A's were at one time.

I guess the A would have been the D-21 of it's era.

For looks, I think the D-21 and its tiny little brother the B, are
probably the best looking Allis'  ever built. And.........they both
had a tremendous impact on farming, albeit in much different ways.
David Gibson (OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gibson (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 5:17pm
Great job! I love those D21's!
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45
Robert in NY View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert in NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 5:25pm
Great job, do you just restore them for show or do you put them to work in the field? I could see myself restoring one and taking it out to help on the farm. I collected smaller tractors but when my farm grew I found while they were fun little tractors to play with they didn't work much and I didn't have time to take them to shows. So I have been selling off my small tractors and expanding my farm equipment. The larger Allis Chalmers though are something that have always grabbed my attention even though they were few around my area. The D21 and the 7000 series and especially the 4wds are something I have always kept my eye open for a good deal on one but the ones that show up locally at auctions have seen their best days a long time ago and need a lot of work just to make useful in the field.
d17brown View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d17brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 6:01pm
i will use them at my brothers farm,but mostly for parades tractor rides, etc, i figure there is a lot tied up in the best tractor ever made that there is usually a 7045 or 200 to do the real wrok and theese rigs have done their share already, most of them were bought new to use for the big horse power, thanks for the comments,it is rewarding to see them come out of the shop
Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 6:48pm
Great job!!!! Keep those ACs looking great and alive!! Ryan
Denis in MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis in MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 6:56pm

That is one of my dream tractors but I would have to sell all my other AC's to be able to afford one, but maybe someday I will find a deal on one. 

by the way that is a great looking tractor,
Denis
1938 B, 1945 B, 1941 IB, 1949 C, 2 1938 WCs, 3 1950 WDs, 1951 WD, 2 1955 WD45, 1957 D-14
Zyta View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 6:58pm
Very nice restoration!
Mark J. N.Y. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark J. N.Y. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 7:26pm
how much ??????????????
Eric[IL] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric[IL] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 5:08am
D17brown, you have a fantastic restoration picture there!  That is one proud D21...  Do you happen to have any before pictures? or even any during pictures?  I really enjoy the shared photos on this site.
Rogers View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 6:10am
Sweet! That is one good looking tractor. I like all the D series tractors, and the D21 is the man among men.
Think for yourself and be your own expert. Be willing to change your mind; however, willingness to change your mind doesn’t mean that you will. Blindly following any path is the pinnacle of insanity.
DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 10:07pm
Very nice job Phil !!!!

Hey I will trade you for one on my 21's to restore. LOL.

Take care and enjoy your NEW tractor.

Darryl
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic