This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

,,,,,,,And my wife laughed at me!,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryWC In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ,,,,,,,And my wife laughed at me!,,,,
    Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 10:17pm
I work the night shift,,4 on,,,4 off,,Last night was my first night off and naturally,,I don't go right to sleep at night.
So I'm laying in bed,,it's about 1:30 AM,,and I rolled to my side and sighed,,my wife says,,"what's bothering you",,I said ,,"Nothing,,why",,she said ,,"well you sighed like something's wrong,,what are you thinking about then?"
I said,,"you really want to know?",,she said yes.
So I said,,,,,,,,,,I was thinking about how cool it would be if I could take my WD to Indy,,and have my picture taken of me sitting on my tractor at the start finish line of the Indy 500 track,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there was silence,,,,then I started to feel the bed shake from soft laughter from her,,,then it broke into full blown hysterics!
She said,,,what on earth makes you lay in bed,,,,(Laughing the whole time here)  and THINK OF THAT!!!!!!!HA HA HA HA
I said,,,I just though it'd be a cool picture to have!
She said,,,but you thin k of this at 1:30/2:00 AM?!!!HA ha ha
SO!,,,what do YOU guys think?,,,I think it'd be cool,,,even cooler if I could take it around the track too!!!!!!!
www.allischalmersmuseum.com
Sponsored Links

JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 10:21pm
cool!  If you're going to dream, dream big.
Anthony View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 10:26pm
I think it would be awesome! lol lol lol
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 10:28pm
You act like it is odd to have your wife laugh at you. I am quite familiar with that situation.
I keep getting the question, "Why can't your mid-life crisis involve cool cars, instead of old tractors?" Maybe I should remind her that young women might be more interested in old, bald guys with a cool car than old, bald guys with a fleet of old tractors. I don't understand it either, who could resist old AC tractors?
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
LarryWC In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryWC In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 10:35pm
Well Redline,,,I don't know about you,,,but I can only afford old tractors,,,and even then,,that's a stretch!
AND,,,I've only had my tractor for 2+ years,,,so that may be why I just now am experiencing this?,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by LarryWC In - 01 Jun 2010 at 10:36pm
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 6:58am
Originally posted by LarryWC In LarryWC In wrote:

I work the night shift,,4 on,,,4 off,,Last night was my first night off and naturally,,I don't go right to sleep at night.
So I'm laying in bed,,it's about 1:30 AM,,and I rolled to my side and sighed,,my wife says,,"what's bothering you",,I said ,,"Nothing,,why",,she said ,,"well you sighed like something's wrong,,what are you thinking about then?"
I said,,"you really want to know?",,she said yes.
So I said,,,,,,,,,,I was thinking about how cool it would be if I could take my WD to Indy,,and have my picture taken of me sitting on my tractor at the start finish line of the Indy 500 track,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there was silence,,,,then I started to feel the bed shake from soft laughter from her,,,then it broke into full blown hysterics!
She said,,,what on earth makes you lay in bed,,,,(Laughing the whole time here)  and THINK OF THAT!!!!!!!HA HA HA HA
I said,,,I just though it'd be a cool picture to have!
SO!,,,what do YOU guys think?,,,I think it'd be cool,,,even cooler if I could take it around the track too!!!!!!!

Would you be wearing a racing helmet/flame suit? If so I might laugh too...
Dave Richards (WV) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Richards (WV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 9:23am
Photoshop it.  
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryWC In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 11:58am
Naw Tom,,,just my plain ole' cloths,,,no drivers suit!ha ha ha
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 12:28pm
That would be cool Larry. I do some of my best dreaming (inventing) about 4 in the morning staring into the dark. Went for a drive when at the GOTO in Gray Tenn in April. Garage gate was wide open at Bristol so we walked in and took some pictures. Could have taken the Duramax for a lap or two. No one was around! Did 3 laps of the Watkins Glenn road course with the Bonneville GXP two years ago.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 12:56pm
That sounds like a dream not yet true...are you sure you were awake.  Sounds real nifty to me.
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 2:42pm
Victory Lane @ Bristol. He Pulled A Exibition Run On Pit Lane The Last Time Dirt Was Brought Into The Track
roughstock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roughstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 3:26pm
Larry, I know what you mean. I was driving into town with my wife one day. I was quiet for a long time and my wife asked what I was thinking. I responded "I bet you they could hold an all monkey rodeo."  For the rest of you who are wondering, here is the thought process.

I was thinking about a a picture of a monkey riding a Shetland Pony.
I wonder if a monkey could ride a bronc.
There should be a monkey rodeo.
Baboons would make a cool rodeo clown. They make me laugh.
Chimps would make great bull riders with their long legs and low center of gravity.
Gorilla bull doggers would be cool but they couldn't fit on the horse and we would have to use full grown steer. Maybe orangutans would work better.
We could even have a chicken scramble for them little monkeys.

This is the point my wife asked me what I was thinking about. She still brings it up and laughs about it.

Brian
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryWC In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 5:34pm
YAZ!!!!!!!!,,my wife says the helmet with the suit with flames gives the pictuer a WHOLE new spin!!!HA HA HA HA HA,,(she says)
bigfish_Oh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish_Oh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 6:48pm

Have you been married that long???

I'm only 50 and still thinking of ways to go around the track, but not on my tractor ......
1941 WC sat for 29 years,started & dynoed 27 h.p.
1957 WD45 Grandpa bought new,factory p.s.,added wfe
1951 WD, factory p.s.
1960 D14 HnMk IV BkHoe 4 sale
2014 HD Tri Glide
2009 GMC CC SLT Dually
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 8:46pm

YAZ!!!!!!!!,,my wife says the helmet with the suit with flames gives the pictuer a WHOLE new spin!!!HA HA HA HA HA,,(she says)

Well to be honest I meant the flame-retardent jumpsuit racers wear when I said "flame suit" Guess Im not up on all that racing lingo.  But a suit painted with flames - orange flames of course - would be a hoot...
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 10:56pm
 I'm starting to think some of you fellers ought to get another tractor to take up your time, some of them thoughts could be used against you at a compentency hearing. Not saying anythings wrong, just be careful! Thanks...Harvey
Sitesstables View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sitesstables Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 5:36am
LarryWC  hey I am with you.. My wife is always laughing at me and wondering if I in deed do need medicated.. I am here in Indiana also, while I am a big Indy car fan,, My true love is harnessracing ( horses) I breed standardbreds for racing.. I would love to hit that track at Hoosier park in Anderson on my tractor. I also want an old truck and vinatge trailer to haul it all in!
Sitesstables View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sitesstables Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 5:45am
Also Larry I work 7 days on 7 days off in my office,, by the end of the week I am not sane anyway!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryWC In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 7:46am
HA ha ha sitesstables,,that could very well be part of it,,,(the crazy hours that is)
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 9:01am
Hey, I suggested to my wife that we could turn the farm into a tourist attraction where slickers or wannabees could come out and spend a few days doing farm stuff. Of course we would then have to have some token livestock to show how it is. When I also suggested that we might have to have a couple of horses for people to ride around the farm she said it wouldn't happen. But she didn't laugh about the idea. There could be prime slots during planting, harvest and haying season. A few cattle, hogs, chickens and sheep would make for an interesting deal. I've got enough tractors to keep 20 or so people entertained for a couple of days at a time.

She's still not laughing, but her only objection was that it would end any travelling that we normally do.
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 10:23am
You might be onto something with the all monkey rodeo. The schools used to have fundraiser activities with basketball being played on a donkey-Donkeyball they called it. I think the critters had rubber horseshoes so they wouldn't damage the gymnasium floor. It was absolutely hilarious. Some of the more adventurous members of the community and many of the teachers would take turns trying to play. Many of them had no experience with donkeys, and just couldn't find a way to get the donkey to do what they wanted; although, the donkeys probably knew full well what they were supposed to do. I understand they are pretty intelligent. (the donkeys) Monkeys on the other hand might be antagonistic to horses?? I think you should give it a try. We will get a padded room ready for you.

Edited by redline - 03 Jun 2010 at 10:24am
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic