This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis-Chalmers Better By Design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dean(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis-Chalmers Better By Design
    Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:53am
My new book,"Allis-Chalmers  Better by Design", is now ready for  purchase..
It is a hard cover, 435 page book in full color featuring over 200 emblems
and the Allis-Chalmers tractor or implement that used that emblem.
Copies of the book are available  through  The Allis-Connection  on the grounds of  The Orange Spectacular at Hutchinson this weekend. The book price at the show is $60.00. Books can also be purchased through me for $70.00, which includes Iowa tax, S&H.
I accept checks and money orders, but not charge cards.  
Thanks very much,
Dean(IA)

Dean L. Byerly
1505 271st Avenue
Fort Atkinson, IA 52144

Sponsored Links

wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 11:47am
How long will it be available? Just till it runs out or will there be more printings?

Edited by wkpoor - 20 Jul 2011 at 11:48am
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 2:41pm
I bought #132 of 325 at the Orange Power of the Past show in Paris last weekend. I had hoped to get to Hutch and have Dean sign it but stuff happens and I won't be there. I'll catch up to you later Dean. The book is great, wonderful pictures and some pretty neat art work on the logos. It's a book purchase you won't regret, I'm up to the Gleaner section and hope to finish reading it this week.
Dutchboy Johan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchboy Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 2:49pm
Hello Dean,

I just send you en email about you're book how to order.

---> Better by Design <---

Johan Straver, Almkerk/ Netherlands

Allis-Chalmers 190XT Ser.III #26829XTD
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 3:40pm
Any photos of the book, I always judge a book by it's cover.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 4:20pm
i always judge a book by how many big words are in it, or more to the point, IF there are words in it!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
JohnCinMd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCinMd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

i always judge a book by how many big words are in it, or more to the point, IF there are words in it!

But Lou, I thought you only looked at the pictures!  LOL
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 5:57pm
I don't know about that, John. I hear tell that in his younger years, Lou bought Playboy strictly for the articles! (he didn't inhale, either) LOL
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 6:02pm
Well, the sad truth is, in my younger years I did both! But, since this ain't the political page, I'll stop there, except to say by the grace of God I now do neither
Wait for the Lord;
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 6:04pm
Dean,
I apologize for taking your post off track, too
Wait for the Lord;
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 6:11pm
Dean, I remember you showing us some of the different AC logos when Susie and I visited you and Phyllis a few years ago, and telling us about the book you were writing. I intend to get my copy first thing when I get to Hutch.

If you're going to be there, shoot me a PM. I'd at least like to catch up to you to say Hi.
Dean(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 7:17am

ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 7:43am
Dean I bought one of your books last weekend at Dales .Love it, has alot of nice bright  pictures.  I got book 77
                                                        IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
GT in Indiana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT in Indiana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 6:34pm

My check is in the Mail!

God bless ya for all the hard work,
Gerald
1955 WD45 we like to call Ruby
Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 10:31pm
My check is in the mail as well!  Congratulations Dean!
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Dean(IA) Dean(IA) wrote:

My new book,"Allis-Chalmers  Better by Design", is now ready for  purchase..
It is a hard cover, 435 page book in full color featuring over 200 emblems
and the Allis-Chalmers tractor or implement that used that emblem.
Copies of the book are available  through  The Allis-Connection  on the grounds of  The Orange Spectacular at Hutchinson this weekend. The book price at the show is $60.00. Books can also be purchased through me for $70.00, which includes Iowa tax, S&H.
I accept checks and money orders, but not charge cards.  
Thanks very much,
Dean(IA)

Dean L. Byerly
1505 271st Avenue
Fort Atkinson, IA 52144

Edited by Rfdeere - 28 Apr 2012 at 10:16pm
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
tractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 8:42am
Dean a check went out in yesterdays post you should have it today tomorrow. look forward to seeing it . tman
Play on 38 B 49 WF , working on D14, D15 B10, Bee 12 B110. use 185 and 190
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 9:23am

60 to the 70 is for the shipping and handling charge .. Sales tax and postage , he said.

Picked a copy up at Hutch but have not had a chance to do much exploring so far within the pages. Looked at it on the table and talked to few form members who were waiting to buy it. Talked to Dean for a few minutes but seemed he was a popular guy at the tent.

Spent a couple hours reading and looking , lot of good information and lot more for me to learn and all contained in this great work .

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 25 Jul 2011 at 9:12am
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 9:41am
Two thumbs up on your book, Dean. It's definately a must have reference piece for the AC aficionado.

It was also good to chat with you and Phyllis a bit yesterday. Glad to hear you are both doing well.
Matt MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 9:06am
I picked up #204 this weekend at the hutch show, Lots and Lots of great pictures.

Matt
Unless your are the lead horse the scenery never changes!!
Cheri IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheri IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 12:02pm
Dean, The only complaint we had on the book was the book causes sleepless nights because they couldn't  stop reading it and go to sleep!
norm[ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm[ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 8:38pm
  we got 236  been reading 50 pages each nite before my eyes go shut
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 9:17pm
Like tractor serial numbers it would be kinda neat to have a list of book owners. With 325 copies it would be as interesting to read as the book.
BILLP-SE-MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BILLP-SE-MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 6:10am
I picked up #141 at Hutch, nice talking with ya Dean, Bill P from Mi. I still have the AC construction hard hat.

Have a good one BILL P
DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 6:26am
Dean

It was great meeting you in person and Thanks for signing my book.

I got copy # 180.

Thanks again and I enjoyed reading it on the 2 flights home from Hutch !!!

Take care, Darryl
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 7:14am
#146 is on its way to Canada.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 7:51am
I have #187, got it during the Sat. morning downpour....

It sure was nice to have the tent to try and keep a little dry anyways!!!
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
Cheri IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheri IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 2:14pm
We kept track of every book  The Allis Connection sold or took orders for because we run out so Dean would know who had them and where they went. Its up to him to keep track now.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 2:24pm
   Is there really going to be only 325 copies printed of this book ? What exactly is in this book ? Would love to see some pictures.

Edited by Rfdeere - 26 Jul 2011 at 2:27pm
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 8:59pm
Check is on the way, should get it tomorrow or next day.
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic