This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis WD NFE (Was Dads)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 12:10am
that is AWESUM! thanks for posting all them pics! I really enjoy them! maybe you can help Les gits his chit together and get his orange tractor going!
Sponsored Links

Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 6:44am
Those Tractors came out great Chris! Both look real nice. A lot of work there, but they look super! Great job man! As for the Starter motor, anytime you apply 12V's to a 6V starter, they get violent on engagement. Changing over the Starter to 12V's makes for a smooth engagement rather than a violent one. Busted nose cones, torn up drives etc aren't fun. All they do is breed havoc on the flywheel ring gear...
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by allischalmersbrad allischalmersbrad wrote:

Great job!!! I just have one question, why the white wheels? Sorry if you answered that before, I didn't read whole post.

Brad,
Dad had a kid in FFA paint several WD45's in the mid 60's. He did the wheels in cream like the Allis D series. I liked the look and decided to use the same theme 50 years later. Took a little getting used to it. All items are original equipment other than the paint.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 9:37am
Knock on wood, the farmer fixes I did to the starter are still working, as it starts great at this time. I now know how the ring gear is so will keep a eye on that issue.
Hope things are good in Orange land!
Will be taking the three Allis' (and the Jubilee) to the local fair starting Sept 15. Hope to get some family members to help pull them in the antique tractor pulls Thursday night.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:20pm
Folks,
 Was looking in this old thread of mine to try to find info on bearings for the vertical shaft in a narrow front WD45 project I am now working on. Of course I did not document that very well!:)
FYI: This narrow front end WD that was my Dad and Mom's, now belongs to my Grandson Nic and his two boys Rhett and Cooper. Hopefully to stay in the family for many years after I am long gone!
Hopeing Nic brings it to some shows and or pulls this year too.
 Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 6:51pm
Folks,
 Happened to be looking through my old thread to get some enthusiasm on the current WD45 project.

So while here I decided to add some updates of the status of this old WD.

Here is a picture of Nic on his great grand fathers WD at the local fair pulls this fall.
 On cement stone boat: She still looks and pulls pretty good for a old WD!

Me, Nic, and Rhett, hoping this family tractor thing gets passed down to Rhett's kids too!

Nic at Waterford pull with his WD.

I took Nic's WD to the stoneboro pulls. Fun!

Nic with the new 14.9-28 Crop-Max tires on his WD for testing. Yea they get pretty darn good bite! And don't look bad either!

Regards,
 Chris
BART View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 6:54pm
Great
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic