This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Pull type sickle mower- Has anyone seen one?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin_farm_salvage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Pull type sickle mower- Has anyone seen one?
    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 9:31pm
Allis sickle bar mower- has anyone seen one like this lately? We were curious.

Sponsored Links

im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 9:40pm
That's an 80t. We have a few and dad is going to look at another Friday
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 9:49pm
I had 1, went to an Allis 3 point. It was a good mower.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 9:56pm
Yes, have one.
Hunt4Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:44pm
Just bought this one...
Only thing it seems to me that was a new hydraulic hose oh, everything else seem to be there and in working order other than a few of the teeth need replaced or sharpened...
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 1:23am
I have an 82T complete and an 80T parts mower,couple #7T mowers around also.
austin_farm_salvage View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin_farm_salvage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 9:39pm
Thanks everybody for your comments. 
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 10:18pm
Hunt4allis. Make sure you keep your fingers clear of the sickle when you raise the bar. The sickle has a tendency to move down 2 or 3 inches when you raise the bar. I might have the rod that holds the bar in the upright position. If I do and I can find it, and you want it, you can have it for the cost of shipping. I think I have 1 in the shed. The sickle sections can be bought at most family centers or places like TSC or Bommgaars. I found chromed sections were tougher than black steel ones.

Edited by 200Tom1 - 24 Jul 2019 at 10:21pm
Hunt4Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 10:34pm
The transport bar is still there and working, I had the yellow rope on there to take tension off of bar/ pin b/c I had to transport it 1/2 hr on back roads that were bumpy and didnt want to break something
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 6:11pm
Brings back memories. I thought it was a hard to hook up to the draw bar. Dads had the rod that held the bar upright. Had a big spinner nut 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 6:26pm
Also brings back memories, worst case of poison ivy I've ever had after unplugging the bar while mowing the roadside LOL !! Was a good machine though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic