This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis in New Zealand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis in New Zealand
    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 3:32am
Hi all I was asked how many Allis are in New Zealand as far as I have seen there are not many to no tractors pre the Allis U , WC ,WF unstyled there are lots of B some C,G, RC,D 270 ,D272 and ED40 ,WD, WD45. I have not seen any D 10,12,14,17,19 here and I think there’s only 2 D21 that I know of .In the 60’s and 70’s the tractors from the USA were to costly compared to the tractors coming out the UK like the Fordson ,Nuffield, international and massy-Ferguson New Zealand also exporting lamb and wool to the UK so we had money’s to buy new tractors from there this also applies to the John deer . I haven’t seen any 160,180,190,200 and the like here . In the 80s farming in New Zealand was in hard times this is when we lost all our subsidy on farming, interests rates hit 20-25 % so there are not to many 6000,7000 series sold maybe 10 or so of each and we never got any Deutz-Allis just Deutz -Fahr. Gleaner combines were a bit more common With Super A, EB , L,M ,N and R .thanks for reading
Sponsored Links

B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 6:12am
Thankyou for your study of this topic,hope you are having a good summer down under !!
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 8:31am
Kiwi,
Thanks for the report. Would love to see some pictures of tractors too! 
Seems I may have seen this same name on other forums?? Maybe Red Power??
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
calico190xt68 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calico190xt68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 6:05pm
Do you have any AC tractors yourself?  With so few ACs around, it might be hard to be a collector.  I wished when I made it to Australia, I would have jumped on down to New Zealand.  Maybe some day ...
80 7010 w/Cab, 67 190XTD Series I w/500 Loader, AC 2000 Plow, AC 4 row Planter, AC 77G Rake, Member Indiana A-C Partners, Member TAC
Kiwi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 10:42pm
I have two Allis C one with a mid mount sickle mow the other has a single plough ,a G which has a 2cyl diesel motor and 60 inch toolbar and I am restoring a English made B I also have a Tedder/rake will post some pictures
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 12:25pm
that is very interesting........ whats the story on the G with the diesel ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
calico190xt68 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calico190xt68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 1:36pm
Kiwi, need to get your tag line setup with your tractors.  G Diesel will catch some attention.  Look forward to your pictures.

80 7010 w/Cab, 67 190XTD Series I w/500 Loader, AC 2000 Plow, AC 4 row Planter, AC 77G Rake, Member Indiana A-C Partners, Member TAC
Valiant Farmer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiant Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 2:47pm
Very interesting!

festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:46pm
Kiwi  farming in the states was on hard times also in the 80's.
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 5:17pm
Kiwi, Thanks for sharing the New Zealand AC history. What crops do you farm? Posting photos on this forum can be tricky(got to be correct size). If you need help, please person message(pm) me.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:06pm
You know one of my prized possessions is an Allis Chalmers Cap from New Zealand.  It was sent to me back in the 90's by a forum member.  Sits on top of my shelves to remind me of a very thoughtful gift.  Also has a WF pin.  
One of the Beach Girls at Ocean City MD was going to teach school there.  Lost touch with her some time ago.  
Great memories.  Thanks for the information about AC tractors in NZ
Good Luck!
Bill Long 
Bill Deppe/AC Salvag View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Deppe/AC Salvag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:47pm
Became acquainted with a KIWI, Noel, while at a GOTO in Canada years ago, became good friends as a result.  Because of our common interest in orange, he and his wife have stayed at my place several times and I have been to their place in northern NZ island.  I have imported two AC's (D270) and he has imported about 5 tractors through me. This summer we shipped a box of parts to him.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 5:31am
Bill, I've also had the pleasure of meeting Noel and Sally. We visited their farm and collection in January 2001. Great country to visit. Spent 3 weeks touring. 
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Kiwi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 2:55am
hi as asked what crops do i grow milling wheat ,green peas ,grass seed , white clover seed ,spring onion for seed , chinese cabbage seed , corn salad and  tears . over winter we have about 1000 lambs on green feed rape to fatten for the freezing works . all stock is wintered out side . all the farm or working tractors are ford/new holland and fiat t6010NH, 7710 ford, 6600 ford , 4600 ford , 80-66 fiat and TF 42 NH combine .
Tractors Allis EB,two C,diesel G
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Kiwi Kiwi wrote:

hi as asked what crops do i grow milling wheat ,green peas ,grass seed , white clover seed ,spring onion for seed , chinese cabbage seed , corn salad and  tears . over winter we have about 1000 lambs on green feed rape to fatten for the freezing works . all stock is wintered out side . all the farm or working tractors are ford/new holland and fiat t6010NH, 7710 ford, 6600 ford , 4600 ford , 80-66 fiat and TF 42 NH combine .

kiwi, I will have 150 feeder lambs for sale in April/May, do you want them.
Shipping maybe a little costly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic