This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis engine and final on craigslist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis engine and final on craigslist
    Posted: 01 May 2014 at 5:11pm
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/hvo/4383915692.html

I'm not sure what model this is for, but thought I would post it.
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 10:07pm

Edited by JC(WI) - 01 May 2014 at 10:12pm
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 4:54am
early HD-16.  i think they are a bit optomistic on their price
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
d9gdon View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d9gdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 9:20pm
Damn scrapper.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 10:48pm
"Damn scrapper. "   Are you being polite?  ... I had far worse words than that for them clowns.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 7:27am
I really have little use for those that prefer a gas axe to a set of wrenches. Their intent at the offset is to cut a machine up not salvage pieces, probably ruined most of what they hacked away. I saw they torched a rail link to get them off, brilliant.
PeteMN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 11:30am
Scrap guy we know just hauled in an HDG6 that started when they pulled it. Has a bad steering clutch and is missing the bucket. Hard to compete with scrap when its that heavy. Components should be worth more but selling them is another issue. Most guys don't have the time or the budget or the space to store stuff forever.
Lee (MN) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

I really have little use for those that prefer a gas axe to a set of wrenches. Their intent at the offset is to cut a machine up not salvage pieces, probably ruined most of what they hacked away. I saw they torched a rail link to get them off, brilliant.

Looking at the sharp points on the drive sprocket I would bet the rails were of no value, if you cannot buy or afford an undercarriage for one of these fine old dozers they have little value other than scrap, cost of shipping heavy parts in most cases prohibits the sale of used parts.

MHO, Lee
B212
Willy's Jeeps
Gleaner K
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic