This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Dealers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 12:09pm
Drake equipment Winterset Iowa, Reagan equipment Humeston Iowa, R&M equipment bought out Fridley's in Indianola Iowa, Reed equipment in New Virginia Iowa. Campbell Equipment in Osceola Iowa. These were a few dad and I did business with in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's. In the 1940's and early 1950's I was told there was 1 in Lorimor Iowa but I do not know the name of it.    
Sponsored Links

Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 10:53pm
There was also H. E. Bishop in Dublin, Pa. back in the 50's.
When he went out of business, C. J. Wonsidler. of Quakertown picked up the dealership.
There was also a dealer in Halifax, Pa. I don't know their name offhand, but it is on the side of my D14. I'll have to look at it and record it. 
When I was a kid we had a JD dealer 3 miles away, an IH dealer 5 miles away, and an Oliver dealer 5 miles away, but the AC dealer was 20 miles away. There were more Ac's in our area then the other brands. Bob

4 B's, 1 C's,3 CA's, 2 G's WD, D14, D15, B-1, B10, B12, 712S,
Ed&Sherry View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed&Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 8:38am
some of the dealers we have worked with in our area : Thetga Farm Supply, Nichols ny,,,mattews ,Harpersville ny,,,,,Marshalls, Homesdale Pa,,,,,,,Main and Pickney, Aurburn ny,,,,,Dann's, horseheads ny,,,,Ward and Van Scoy, Candor ny
data147 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote data147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 8:43am
My grandfather was an Allis Chalmers dealer in south east ohio back in the 60s. Until they forced a lot of the small dealers out under a go big or we are dropping you policy. Wilford Miller feed and supply. Waterford oh 
tomstractorsandtoys View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstractorsandtoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 7:46pm
Frederick MD was Vernon Stup, Marion PA was A.R. Stottler,Cunningham in Hagerstown MD,Springs Equipment Springs PA,B Equipment Waynesboro PA,Roy Bush Ephrata PA
DanD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 8:13pm
I'll add a few I haven't seen. Kastner Brothers in Mauston, WI. My grandfather bought the first WD45 they sold in the fall of 1953. It's on our farm today after being traded to Kastners for a D17 in 1960. Another man owned it for over 40 years. We still have the D17. They quit selling farm machinery in the early 70s. Other dealers I can think of were Berning Implement in Reedsburg W I, Wade Implement in Endeavor (two new 185s and a 10 year old Gleaner E came to us from there.) Preuss in Portage and Raemisch in Dane and Hanley in Sun Prairie.
Auntwayne View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 8:35pm
    I forgot one other local Allis Chalmers dealer from the original post; JOHNSON FARM SUPPLY, Staunton, Il.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 9:57pm
My grandfather was a dealer in cedar hill ny
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 7:43pm
I remember driving there for the fun of driving when I first got my drivers license in the mid 1980s. They had a big 8550 on the lot. For me it was quite a sight.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
mintenfarmer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mintenfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 8:50pm
Did anybody else do any business with Hendrix implement in butler, mn? There still open.
LaJaMe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaJaMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 11:14pm
Meier Implement South   Wi.  50's to early 60's along with dealers in Warren Il New Glarus Wi. Argyle, Wi. Albion WI.  and a distribution warehouse in Madison, Wi.

LaJaMe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaJaMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 11:15pm
Sorry  That is South Wayne, Wi.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 6:48am
I tried to post updated information on local dealers last night but my puter booted me before I hit enter. So i’m Going ad a little at a time over the next few days.

There was an Allis dealer in Hayfield Mn way before my time. I don’t know the name but it was out of a small repair garage type operation. I’ll have to ask one of my uncles about it.

There was also a dealer in Brownsdale Mn that became an independent repair shop sometime in the 60’s or 70’s. I think it was called something like Jensen Sales??? Became Jensen Repair and I think he retired in the 90’s due to health.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 6:56am
Milligan Weed and Seed was in Lorimor, Iowa in 1975.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 7:03am
Dealers in Mn mentioned on page one ....... Isaacson Implement Co. closed last summer after filling bankruptcy in 2016.

Kobey Implement in Plainview Mn, back in the 1990’s bought into a CaseIH group called Minnesota Ag Group and for a while handled for AGCO parts only but CaseIH Equipment. Now just CaseIH dealer.

Dealer in Mountain Lake Mn is still going strong and is call Midway Farm Equipment.

Dealer in Redwood Falls Mn is still going strong and is called Weltsch Equipment.

Peterson Implement in Blooming Prairie Mn, where I worked from April 1991 to December 1994, closed in 1997 and became a NAPA store and shop and today because of additions and remodels is unrecognizable today.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
LYNNMN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LYNNMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 8:31am
Kral & Lamecker in New Ulm MN and then became Gafford Implement. Prairie Impl. in Parkers Prairie MN. Modern Farm Equip in Sauk Centre MN.
SteveMaskey(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMaskey(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 8:47am
When I was am kid there were several stores close. Meyer Equipment, Montgomery City, MO 8 miles, Heim Equipment, Laddonia 10 miles & Bowling Green MO 34 miles, Baker Implement, Mexico MO, 20 miles. I also have a bullet pencil from Long Equipment, Mexico MO but don’t remember it
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 9:49am
MARTY & TED,NAPPANEE IND;now Plevna(Massey dealer).                                               The CO-OP in Goshen Ind. also sold A/C but is gone;buildings and all(this was downtown).  It's amazing looking at all of the user names that don't post anymore.
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:02am
Didn't see any ND or SD ones, can't remember all the names but a few locations, Rutland, Lidgerwood, Cogswell, Enderlin, Lisbon, Milnor, Barney, Galchutt, Fargo, Casselton, Jamestown, and Hankinson, all in ND. In SD I remember Clare City, Rosholt, Aberdeen, Bryant, and Watertown. I am sure there were many more farther west but this is in the se part of ND and NE of SD.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
polarbear View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polarbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 7:41pm
ther was a AC Dealer in sringfield IL CLOSED
                        HAMEL IL      
              MACRACKEN          GREENVILLE IL CLOSED
                        CARLYLE IL    CLOSED
   AGCO GLEANER           KERHER        ALBERS IL OPEN
              HEBERER   MASCOUTAH IL CLOSED
                        WATERLOO IL   CLOSED
                        WAVERLY IL    CLOSED
          AGCO    DIEDRICH NASHVILLE IL OPEN
          OLEN THOMPSON ASHLEY IL     CLOSED
             SEIVERS    STEELVILLE IL CLOSED
             BERGMANN   OKAWVILLE IL CLOSED
                        PINCKNEYVILLE IL CLOSED
                        CAVE INN ROCK IL CLOSED
            WILLUAMSON ALMA IL           CLOSED
      AGCO      SUCHUMSKI EQUIP RICE TODDS MILL   OPEN           
        AGCO JANSON     CARLYLE IL
ezlle71 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ezlle71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:31pm
In these parts, 
Lott Implement in Minneapolis Ks. They are an independent Allis dealer so they can still get alot of parts most can't.

Meinhardt farm equipment started in Wamego Kansas And Turned into Kanequip and have several dealerships all over the state. 

190XT, 185, D15 SII, 7040 is living again, 7010 retired for parts.
JOHN N/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHN N/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 11:27am
oc Davis,Hebron il.
D-15IIG65,D-17IVG67,D-17D58,620
Unstyled View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unstyled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 3:06pm
Jackson Implement Company  Jackson MO

Clyde Lynn Jr. Allis Chalmers and Studebaker  Chaffee MO

My fathers first new tractor and Allis purchase was a WD from Jackson.  This was followed by a WD45 from Chaffee.
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 3:11pm
Unstyled, My son lives in Cape.  Where in Jackson was the A-C dealer, I'd like to see the old bldg if still standing when I visit him next month.  Thanks
Unstyled View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unstyled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 3:19pm
The building is still there!  I don't know the address but it is the building on the north side of 72, east of the 25/ 72 intersection between the KIDDs station and the old Strickertts Standard station.
Mnfarmboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 6:00pm
Rosenberg Implement
Wecome Mn
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 10:01pm
Thanks  Unstyled , Fleigs in St Genevieve is a nice dealer to visit also.
Unstyled View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unstyled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:22am
Wycoff Implement  St.James MO
Erdman Implement Higginsville MO
Honse Implement Co. Vienna MO

ezlle71 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ezlle71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:49am
Buchman Farm supply a Allis Dealer in Alta Vista Kansas. now closed
190XT, 185, D15 SII, 7040 is living again, 7010 retired for parts.
Unstyled View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unstyled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:55am
A couple more

Wise Brothers,  Kingdom City MO.  

Terry Implement Co. Gallatin MO.
Still in business, AGCO and Kubota.  Has an Allis salvage yard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic