This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Dealers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Embellem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 1:12pm
The AC dealer in Carlinville, IL, back in the 50s and at least part of the 60s was Bates Motors. They also sold cars and trucks and are still around but don't sell ag equipment anymore.

Interesting to see the brochure of Wisconsin dealers that Byron posted. The dealers in Slinger and Mayville are still there. Would be nice if there was still a dealer in Grafton.
Sponsored Links

GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 2:43pm
The one that intrigued me was one I saw on a calendar at the Hutch AC auction last yr.

H.R. Low
Orangeville, PA

I drove down to Orangeville and as far as I could see, it looked like there was still a building off the Main drag that could have been the dealership.

What a great place to have an AC dealership..... Orangeville...

Edited by GlenninPA - 27 Jan 2010 at 2:47pm
Bobby in King NC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby in King NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 2:51pm
I don"t see a date on the flyer for a free trip to Wis. but I do know my brother in law bought a new D-10 in 1963 which he still has and went on this trip. The tractor was bought from Hauser & Joyce which was a long time AC dealer in Winston Salem, NC.
Don Smith View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 3:18pm
Brook Farmers Supply Brook Indiana Goodland AC sales Goodland Indiana McColloch Emplament Watseka Il. Sigmans sales and service Goodland In. Claussen AC Equip. Rensselaer In. McColloch and Claussen still supply AC parts.Don
Sandknob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandknob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 4:02pm
We had Brownfield Equipment in Oblong Illinois back in the 70's and I know there was one in Palestine Illinois as well, but don't know the name.  Newton illinois also had Burton Eignhorn (spelling may be off).  There was also one in Mattoon Illinois (where my F gleaner came from).
Adam
MI8050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI8050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 5:22pm
Forgot Larry Hubbard and sons, Greenville MI.

There also was a dealer in Gladwin MI not sure on the name though.
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by MI8050 MI8050 wrote:

Leach farm equipment  Evart MI.

Card Bros.  Merril and Chesaning MI  (Chesaning still open)

Fremont Farm eq.  Fremont MI

Modern Power Equipment  Zeeland MI.

Dick Coulter Inc.  North Branch MI  (still open)

Lloyd Coulter Lapeer Mi.

North Center Farm supply  Armada MI.

Bauer and sons. Reese MI.

Diuble Ann Arbor MI  (still open)

Dans Farm Supply  Adrian MI  (still open)

Dull's Clare MI  (now Kubota different name)

Sumerix Imp.  (still open as AC!!!!!)

Williams in Charlotte MI   (still open)

Patterson & sons  St. Johns MI  (still open as of a couple eyars ago as AC!!!!)

Davarn Pewamo MI.  (sold my K2 new)
Where You located?
Our WD45 and B-212 came from Davarn Equipmet in Pewamo.
Patterson...hmm... your not talking about the one east of St Johns are you?

I remember as a little one, they had a 7000 out front or on the corner there. Don't recall what happend to it though.

I live north of Pewamo out on Jones rd.

I think there was also a dealer near Lake Odessa.
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 7:03pm
I know for a fact that there was one in Blue Ball, PA (Can't remember the name but I have a picture of a local tractor with their dealer stencil on the hood around here somewhere, something tells me it was Martins?)

Grumellis in Quarryville, PA which is still in business

Also heard there was one in Washington Boro (I think, one of the river towns along the susquehanna if I remember correctly), PA, never really got a chance to follow up that lead, lost the contact information of the person who told me that. 

If anyone knows ANYTHING about ANY Lancaster County, PA dealerships, please please PLEASE let me know. I have some project ideas I would like to do, but need some info on some dealers first.
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 7:11pm
Down south there was Russell-Daniel equipment. Listed as Athens GA, but I think it was actually in Madison county. My grandfather's C came from there.

Savannah Valley gas co. had the AC dealership in Elberton, GA. One of the gentlemen that used to sell and service AC equipment still works there. It's Drake gas co. now.

There is Oakway Tractor in Oakway SC. They still sell parts.

Edited by DREAM - 27 Jan 2010 at 7:12pm
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 7:16pm
If SamT stops by(haven't seen him in a while), he would know most of them down here in Northeast to middle GA. He was an AC field tech. I think that's what he told me. Said he had been to Savannah valley gas to work on a few units.
Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 8:49pm
Hi all,

Not exactly sure this is what you're looking for, or if I'm right, but here it is anyway.

Bar H Ranch (or impliment now) in Stone Lake WI carries AC stuff.  They have for a while, at least back to the 60's.  And they still do today.  Not sure what there history is, if they started as a AC dealer or anything, that is why I hesitated posting this.  I may be puting my foot in my mouth.

But I know Unk', (my great uncle) got both of his AC's there.  Both D15 II's, one brand new (no longer in the family), the other used which we still have, with the rear reflector on the toolbox which has the Bar H Ranch on it.

Don't know if this helps any, but I hadn't seen this one listed yet, and know they have helped us with parts in the past, and we'd recomend them if you're looking for something.

Here is there site:

Edited by Jacob (WI,ND) - 27 Jan 2010 at 8:49pm
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 10:50pm
Addressing Don Smith: Were there Two dealers in Goodland or was the first defunct before Sigmans?   Adding too the list, Sigman's had a dealership in Logansport, IN that just closed last year.
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 10:54pm
As already mentioned was Banderet Equipment in Commerce City, Co also in Colorado was Kats Imp in Longmont, which later became S&S Equipment in Longmont and Johnstown.  The Longmont store became a Mozda dealer and is now an animal hospital.  For a few years in the 80's there was a new AC dealer near Greeley but it only lasted a few years.  Luther Equipment took on Allis/AGCO after he lost the Case dealership.  Barneys Garage in Trinidad, Co was AC and perhaps still sells AGCO parts but was a NH dealer last time I was there.  I know there were a lot of AC dealers on both sides of the mountains in Colorado but I don't know the names or locations.  Will have to ask the "old timers"- someone older then my 61 years.

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 7:57am
Around home in the 60's it was:

Funk Bros. Impl. Co.
Onarga, IL

Muller Implement Co.
Paxton, IL

Dale Yergler Impl. Co.
Cissna Park, IL

McCollough Impl. Co.
Watseka, IL  (still in business)

O'Hare Bros.
Onarga, IL

Shaner Impl. Co.
Gibson City, IL

I know there were a lot more in central Illinois, I just can't remember them all.

Brian F
old man mi View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old man mi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 8:13am
Ed bankert equipment  shelby mi.
MI8050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI8050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by AC WD45 AC WD45 wrote:

Originally posted by MI8050 MI8050 wrote:

Leach farm equipment  Evart MI.

Card Bros.  Merril and Chesaning MI  (Chesaning still open)

Fremont Farm eq.  Fremont MI

Modern Power Equipment  Zeeland MI.

Dick Coulter Inc.  North Branch MI  (still open)

Lloyd Coulter Lapeer Mi.

North Center Farm supply  Armada MI.

Bauer and sons. Reese MI.

Diuble Ann Arbor MI  (still open)

Dans Farm Supply  Adrian MI  (still open)

Dull's Clare MI  (now Kubota different name)

Sumerix Imp.  (still open as AC!!!!!)

Williams in Charlotte MI   (still open)

Patterson & sons  St. Johns MI  (still open as of a couple eyars ago as AC!!!!)

Davarn Pewamo MI.  (sold my K2 new)
Where You located?
Our WD45 and B-212 came from Davarn Equipmet in Pewamo.
Patterson...hmm... your not talking about the one east of St Johns are you?

I remember as a little one, they had a 7000 out front or on the corner there. Don't recall what happend to it though.

I live north of Pewamo out on Jones rd.

I think there was also a dealer near Lake Odessa.
I am west of Mount Pleasant about 35 miles.  I was at Pattersons about three years ago and they still had a leftover 7060, NOS essentially with 50-60 hours on it.  I was drooling bad!
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 5:47pm
In Tn.
Waler May - Memphis, Ripley Tractor, Ripley, Lake County Tractor- Tiptonville, Boliver Tractor - Boliver, Mayers Equip - Summerville, Sharon Tractor - Sharon , Tri County -Milan, Austin Equip -Milligeville, MAury City, Dyersburg, Brownsville , B&G Equip Paris (still active)  Goad Impl - Springfield , Perry Bros - Lawernceburg, Eskew Impl =_ Lebonnon, Reynolds Equip - Manchester. (all I can remember)
 From 1970-1980 West Tennessee tied with about ten other territories with the highest market share of Gleaner Combines at 39% and tractors at 29%

What happened? Mega Dealer Austin sold all the machinery and the surrounding dealers the service and parts.  When Austins stores went out so did the sales then the rest went out one by one.
Don Smith View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 5:49pm
Randy The answer to your question about 2 AC dealers in Goodland, I worked summers for the dealer up town while I was in school. His name was Ray Lefert and was a basterd to work for. You could not please him! Ken Hotler took the dealership out to west 24 on the edge of goodland.   He sold the buisness to sigmans and that was the end of 50 years of AC Don
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 6:36pm
Some of the AC dealerships in Maine that come to mind:

Hammond Equipment in Auburn (left AC in the 80's but stayed in business, just bought out by a JD dealership by the same name). I bought my first AC from them, a 1941 B, about 1982.

Littlefield's Garage - Corinna. I'm told the business burned and closed. Now an auto parts salvage yard.

Dorr's in Bangor. Had AGCO until a couple of years ago. Still in business with Kubota.

Olin MacLauchlan in Ripley. I own the '44 WC that he bought new before becoming a dealer.

I'll do some research and post more.
Bob@allisdowneast
Kenny(AR) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny(AR) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 7:32pm
My Mother's Uncle and her Dad(my granddad) found out if they bought 2 WC's they could get a dealership and $200 in parts. This was in the 30's at Bono, Arkansas, little town on US 63 in Northeast Arkansas. It was called Craft Implement Co. My granddad sold out to his brother fairly early. My great uncle and his two sons ran it until 1954 when my Dad, Joe Tolbert, traded 160 acres and some cash for the dealership. He changed the name to Bono Implement Co. He owned and operated it until he came down with parkinson in 1963. He was in his late 30's when stricken.

He sold it to Les Coffman and Marion Gulley. They changed the name to C & G Equipment. Gulley sold out to Coffman and he stayed in business until 1985 and folded. As a kid growing up I got to go to Memphis, about 80 miles away, with whomever in a pickup to get parts. It seemed like a huge building full of AC parts and pickups from dealers all over backed in the loading docks picking up parts. The building is still there and it is amazing(sp) how small it really is.

There were dealerships in Walnut Ridge, Corning, Dixie, Turmann, Bay, Lake City, Tuckerman, Bono, and Waldenburg Arkansas that comes to mind. I can remember my Dad telling me at one time he had  over a hundred bank notes for WD's and WD-45's that he had co-signed with farmers. Banks wouldn't loan the farmers the money without a co-signer. The 50's was the golden age for AC's around Bono, Arkansas. 

On a light note my Dad sponsored a race car in the 50's. It was what is known today as a sprint car. They ran at West Memphis, Riverside Speedway. The car was a steelboded A model body with a homemade chassis. It was painted Allis colors, orange and black, and numbered WD-45. They ran a six cyclinder chevy powerplant. Often they were asked how do you get a "tractor" motor to run and sound like that. LOL
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 3:55am
Thanks for the info, Don.
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Bertman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bertman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 5:13am
Troy Grove Farm Mart, Then called Graper Sales and Service quit selling Allis in 1982
Streator Farm Mart, Now Streator Lawn and Garden I belive
Ennen and Weishar Ashton il (not spelled right)
Huck Creighton ?

There is more Ill keep thinking, There were lots of AC dealers around here
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 5:25am
Speaking of race cars.....didn't I read once that someone way back used to run an Allis 201 or 226 in a race car? Does anybody know anything about that?
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
MI8050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI8050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 5:57pm
Back to the top!  So many dealers now defunct. 
Alabamark View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alabamark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 8:51pm
   Kenny,I remember CRAFT SYRUP,based in Bono AR. Any relation?
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees . . . - Stonewall Jackson, 1863
JimNEIN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimNEIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 12:42pm
Some Ind.dealers Seaglys in Topeka,Brindle in LaOtto,Truelove Bros in Albion still in business,Goshen Farm and Lawn still in business as Kubota,Bob Garmater in Harlan.In Ohio,Fisher Imp in Edgerton, Homiers in Payne and Continental still in business,one in Antwerp can't remember the name.
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 6:43pm
I wish that some AC person with a little time and a lot of tech skills would consider compiling this info. and making/updating a master list.
Any thoughts?
Bob@allisdowneast
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 7:06pm
Sinclair Implement used the be the Allis dealer in Martinsville, IL. Hasn't been in business probably for at least 20 years. Would have been a very small dealership, it was on the main road in town.
TimOk View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimOk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 7:12pm
Swartzrock Agco in Charles City, Ia . Still open as of last fall. Good parts guys 
Tim from the Rocking TJC
Jay IN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay IN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 7:36pm
Power Implement Company, Rushville Indiana. 1944-1964 Owned by my Uncle Bill Power. He sold out to a man named Sherwood when cancer took my aunt. I spent a lot of time there when I was a little kid and it had a huge influence on what I do today. I am a test cell engineer for a diesel engine research center, and teach welding at Ivy Tech State College. ORANGE has been around my whole life! Orange PEOPLE are better than green people, you guys know what I mean.
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think--- "who's the idiot that owns this place?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic