This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers G $300 ? : )

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrosty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers G $300 ? : )
    Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 8:58am
I have a tool store in Tulsa Ok And keep my G & B in the back of the store.  yesterday an older gentleman sees the G and ask to buy it.  I said sure, what do you think it worth?  he offered me $100 for it.  I told him I didnt think I could let it go for that since I have a woods mower, sickle mower & plow with it & I just completly overhauled the engine 2 years ago.  He then steps up to the table and offers me $300.  He walked away mad when I turned away his generous offer.

Was I out of Line?
Sponsored Links

MilesGray (CO/KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilesGray (CO/KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:09am
Original price was $970 just for the tractor... with implements it's worth well over that... let him go away mad... lol
Miles Gray (CO/KS)

5 1938 B's, 1940 B, 1944 WF C, 1948 NF C, Gleaner A, White Top Rotobaler, 1957 IH Golden Jubilee... I'm either a collector, or crazy!
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:12am
HA HA if he was serious he has been living under a rock for the last 10 years!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
jjrosty View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrosty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:29am
if i remember correctly the new crank in the overhaul was $350
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:30am
If you sold him the attachments for $300 without the tractor he would have been getting a good deal.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 6 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:44am
He was offering less than ten cents on the dollar.

Gerald J.
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:49am
There was one for sale around here for $3,000 and it wasn't in very good shape.

wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 12:04pm
Some people are always searching for a sucker they think might not know what something is really worth. I wouldn't have been so polite. Usually those people want to buy it for resale anyway.
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 12:27pm
I've seen G's sell for $5-6,000 around here - with no implements and no overhaul. $300 for what you describe is a joke, and a bad one at that.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 2:31pm
In the Maryland area they go for at least $ 3,000 - especially with all those implements.  In fact as I have said before some are still working every day cause they just can't find anything else to do the work so well.
Forget it.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
jjrosty View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrosty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 2:58pm
here are some pics of the G at work today
Here is a pic of the  G at work today
jjrosty View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrosty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 2:59pm

Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 3:47pm

Looks like it just came off the flatcar - even better.

Good Luck!
Bill Long
bryan/silex View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan/silex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 4:12pm
I once had a guy offer me $500 for my running IB , I told him that would be fine but when was he going to pay the rest of the money!!
split51 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote split51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 4:22pm
Heck , I might give ya 350.00 for that G.........LOL

Nice G there jjrosty
allallis2 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allallis2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Dave(inMA) Dave(inMA) wrote:

I've seen G's sell for $5-6,000 around here - with no implements and no overhaul. $300 for what you describe is a joke, and a bad one at that.

thats just what I was going to say!! the old man was nuts, hell I'd give you 450!! :) Nice looking G!!
1955 G,1938 wc unstyled, 1938 A 1938 B, 1949 G
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 5:05pm
Should have went $300 per month for the next 60 months then he could get it.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 10:10pm
Nope, not out'a line...  Probably wouldn't've walked away mad if you noted to him that they usually sell for 3k in MARGINAL condition...  He obviously didn't know much about what he was looking at. 
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 10:35pm
Add a zero and you might be talking about a good price lol
1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 11:04pm
i had a bunch of my tractors in the frt yd and a guy stopped and asked my wife if I wanted to sell them for scrap. I guess it's good I wasn't home. Oh well it takes all kinds to make the world go around, but it's sad some just fell off the edge. others stopped to admire them. just grim bear some peoples ignorance and rudeness.
WEL(TN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEL(TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 6:53am
I think I would have told him "$300 will buy the paint job, $3000 will buy the rest of the G." "Now lets talk about the implements."
AllisTime View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 10:13am
Hey 1946 that guy who wanted to buy them for scrap was more than likely one of those green guys just being a smart a--,,,,,,Say JJ, that is sure a very nice looking model G you have there,,,put it in the parade!!Wayne.
jjrosty View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrosty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 11:02am
all of our parades are rained out this weekend.  I do get quite a few stares when I mow along the busy street out front.
JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 11:08am
Shoulda brought it to Mounds last weekend.  I think you have a few of my parts on there anyway :)
I would like to organize for a parade same day.  Try to get all my customers to show up, and out number everything else!
JImD
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543
AC G View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 8:43pm
I have a Mower just like it! that tractor in my mind in worth over 3000 big time. we payed over 200 for mine and it lokks alot worse!
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 8:54pm
I just spent the last 2 hours on my G with hydraulics cultivating my fields.....now I am hooked on hydraulics, but still wouldn't sell my others for $4k each. I have 2 manual lift and 2 with hydraulics...I use the home made cultivator the most...tried the factory one the other day and it was a piece of crap.  I guess it would look good all painted up and at a show, but just doesn't cut it in our soil.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
sindarion View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sindarion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 8:57pm
I'd guess that would be worth $5000+ US in Australia... $300 is either a sick joke, or the old guy was just plain clueless.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic