This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers Forklift ACE 30A help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CmdrDick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers Forklift ACE 30A help
    Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 5:57pm
Allis Chalmers Forklift ACE 30A help

Just bought an old Allis Chalmers Forklift ACE 30A need help.
Electrics are good, controls are fine, Brakes inop. Pedal goes to floor.
Anybody have a link for a service manual ?
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 5:55am
there's a sit with a zillion old milatary manuals, for sure he has it.sorry can't think of the name. member getting 'lost' there as I downloaded a lot of neat stuff... he does have a lot of A-C f/l stuff....
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 5:58am
http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/all.mpl

this is the site.....have fun, just remember what you're looking for Smile
jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
CmdrDick View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CmdrDick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:35am
Thanks, I'm familiar with that link as I've gotten a ton of free military electronic manuals there in the past. But, NO, they don't have anything that will help me today.
CmdrDick View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CmdrDick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 7:38pm

Reposted here for future search 

Carl: Thanks again. Today I pulled out all of the contacts. They are solid Silver and replaceable. They were not that bad, so I reground them to the original slight arc and polished all 8 and that made a huge difference in the for/aft control. Then an adjustment to the lift and tilt switches got rid of the jerky response. I fetched the leaky cylinder from the hydraulics shop and re-installed it. I used the machine all day with no control problems whatsoever and no more leaks. I also received a manual thru eBay today. It covers the Allis Chalmers ACE 20 thru 120 series Electric forklifts and has all of the schematics and systems trouble shooting info. It looks like my system is not Actronic, and after reading the Actronic section of the manual, that's a relief. So, I'm in good shape now thanks to all of the help here. Thanks guys.

-- Previous Private Message --
Sent by : WDman1949
Sent : Sep 26 2018 at 10:26am

If you can find a LPM lift dealer or a Crown dealer they should be able to help with the electrical parts Contact tips could help if they are arcing or depending on the control system {actronic or GE } it could be as simple as an adjustment or control potentiometer in the foot pedal control box think of it as a volume control on a radio If its a GE system there should be a creep adjustment on the control card that adjusts the initial start speed  so it barely moves when you push on the gas pedal There is also a 1A time on the control card that adjusts how long it takes for 1A to pull in at max pedal and should be a smooth transition to max speed If its an actronic system all bets are off as they use different cards to control speeds and are a nightmare to work on LOL
Hope this helps and PM back if you have questions
Carl

Sent by : CmdrDick
Sent : 24 Sep 2018 at 11:23pm

Thanks. Found a completely dry Master Cylinder and filled it. It took quite a bit of time to work all of the air out, but the brakes have been holding solid for the last few days. I found several tilt cylinder kits, all different numbers, but without a parts manual I thought I'd be throwing money away. I did find a local machine shop that agreed to rebuild the tilt cylinder for $100. They have it now. My next project will be trying to smooth out the slightly jumpy controls. From what I've read, the controller contacts may need service.
The machine is coming along nicely on very few dollars. I hope it continues that way.
Thanks again.

Sent by : WDman1949
Sent : Sep 24 2018 at 12:34pm

Hi sorry cant help with manual but the brakes are pretty simple master cylinder should be below the floor board with lines running to the wheels brakes and cylinders are behind the drive wheels .Wheels should have caps in the center and a large nut holding bearings on IE you have bolts holding wheels on depends on year and size of lift { they made a small 3000 lb and a large 3-4 and 5000 } cylinders are probably not available but kits should be NAPA or any auto parts store should be able to get brake shoes can be relined if you have a shop that does clutch and brake remanufacturing
Hope this helps

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic