This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis chalmers a500 cylinder help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vonholt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis chalmers a500 cylinder help please
    Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 7:46pm
Need help i have a allis chalmers a 500 forklift it started leaking hydraulic fluid at the top of main cylinder that lifts the forks up and down i took the cap off the top there were 2 O rings then layers of something that looking like dirt i took the cylinder off and rebuilt it still same issue is there somwthing I'm missing,that goes in between the O rings im lost and cant find any diagrams or specs for it any info be greatly appreciated thanks
Sponsored Links

NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 9:16pm
does it look like there is a place to put something in between the orings?

recess or groove or....

packing maybe, fiber or plastic like sleeve?

your local shop can match up most stuff
HD3
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 9:47pm
Vonholt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vonholt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:23pm
I looked at the manual you sent me link to it shows picture of two seals it says but doesn't give a part number when i took it apart it was like a layer of dirt then o ring then more of the dirt looking stuff then another o ring I'm thinking this was some kind of packing its just maybe desinagrated over time were it's so old according to the manual i downloaded it calls for 2 seals not o rings which was what was in mine the local hydraulic shop i got the parts from just assumed,it was dirt and,grit in there but i don't think,that's the case.
Vonholt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vonholt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 1:50pm
Iv done some more searching looks like it calls for 2 poly pak there calling not sure what that is though
Vonholt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vonholt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 2:26pm
Believe iv figured it out it calls for 2 poly pak seals from what information iv read there is a o ring in these seals so over time the seal part had broke down and just turned to dirt pretty much and just,left the o ring behind. So now i got to find 2 of these poly pak seals and,that should fix me up i appreciate all,the help the manual really helped me out on this I'll update ya let you know if this fixes it
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 2:26pm
PolyPaks are multi-purpose seals that are precision molded, multi-purpose sealing devices combining an O-Ring type O-Spring with a conventional lip Seal. PolyPaks provide excellent seal from hard vacuum to more than 60,000 Psi. The PolyPaks won’t leak under low pressure like many conventional U-packing seals and maintain lip loading on the ID and OD interface during temperature extremes.

is this any help?
                         B:-)  Dnoym

ps you can try Minnpar  for the parts

Edited by Dnoym N. S. Can. - 14 Jul 2019 at 2:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic