This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis chalmers 6140 hydraulic issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garvento Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis chalmers 6140 hydraulic issue
    Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 8:47pm
So i got a 6140 with the 4x4 option. Its got pretty low hours. However the former owner got water into the universal tractor fliud which is shared with the transmission and hydraulics. Naturally i drained it, replaced the intake filter and afterwards i began having issues with the lift arms not lifting as they should (lifting whenever they felt like and only for a few seconds, with no rhyme or reason). So i bought another pump. By the way a krp4-23cssbkd pump for a toyota forklift will fit this tractor, but you have to cut the length of the inlet pipe about .380 (if memory serves me correct) shorter to match the inlet bolt holes on the pump. I just cut a section out and sleeved it with automotive radiator hose. While after the pump change it appeared the lift arms were working better, they still are working intermittently and even when i activate the remotes it doesnt seem to be bogging down the tractor like it should. So im scratching my head. Im considering changing the fluid again (honestly it could use it) to get the rest of the crap out as well as tbe filter. Im no expert on hydraulics so this is new territory for me. I did take the pressure valve apart beside the remotes and cleaned it out. Nothing in it looked visibly wrong. Any advice?
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:47pm
Sounds like it is sucking air somewhere.     MACK
brouillettefarms View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brouillettefarms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:58pm
I had one with similar issues, I sent you my number in a pm, give me a call
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 4:33am
does it have a return filter?
Garvento View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garvento Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 12:12pm
Big thanks to ben (brouilletefarms) for tbe insight. We talked on the phone and suggested it may be do to clogging from the wet brakes deteriorating after there was water in The oil. Im going to check that. Tribco in ohio sells brakes for this tractor ($76 a brake, ouch!) So theres at least that.
NeoCole View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoCole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 12:56pm
What was your solution to your lift arms? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic