This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers 545H Wheel Loader Master Cylinder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttiiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers 545H Wheel Loader Master Cylinder
    Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 2:33pm
Allis Chalmers 545H Wheel Loader. 

The brakes work NONE.  I put some brake fluid in the chamber.  Still no indication that brakes might work.  I haven't tried bleeding any yet. 

If I do need a new Master Cylinder, are they available? 

Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 3:29pm
Yes bleeding might be needed - rebuilding cylinder might be needed - a kit should be out there at a auto supply store as parts or pieces from a kit 
 Full system might need work to get brakes to work .  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 5:52pm
Master Cylinder was the same as an
older Chev truck ( like 3 ton )
should be able to get casting number
off the Master Cylinder

HTH   B:-)      Dnoym
ttiiggy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttiiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 12:09am
I didn't know if they still made kits.  Thought they might have gone to replacement only. 
Haven't been to dealer yet.  Been trying to look at parts online. 
Haven't had good luck looking for machinery parts at automotive stores. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 7:15am
As long as you know bore and stroke, any single chamber master cylinder of similar sizing will replace it, may have to make a replacement mount or adaptor mount.
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 8:41am
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 10:38pm
The master cyls on my 545B are 60's vintage Ford truck and wheel cyls are Dodge/Diamond Reo/International 50's?. Wheel cyls $220@Minn-Parr.....$20 @RockAuto.The hydraulic brake parts are borrowed from the automotive sector not specific to construction.You just have to figure out what used the stuff you have. Get the casting number off brake shoes and clutch/brake fixers can get you new linings for 1/2 what the construction suppliers charge....just sayin
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 10:19am
Old 1955 Pettibone loader I had (SA 15 sel#11) the brakes were out , used a vacuum booster off C60 chev truck and master cylinder off 55 Ford T600 . Least it stopped when you pumped the pedal twice . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 6:14am
There's a place near me ( White Post Restorations ) in Va. that will repair master cylinders and wheel cylinders with a brass or stainless sleeve. The total cost for me to get one done for our 50 Dodge car was less than the Chinese repro.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic