This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis chalmers 5015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis chalmers 5015
    Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 10:48am
I am delighted to join this forum. I am new to forums so kindly bear with me as I learn to navigate it. My tractor is a 1985 model (I think). It is a 3 cylinder compact diesel. I noticed recently that the glow plug indicator light on the instrument panel is remaining on, where in the past it only lit when I turned the key left to heat up the glow plugs to start the engine. Also the battery is repeatedly running down and I noticed last night that the legend panel stay entirely lit although the key is OFF. I removed the key for now and disconnected the + battery lead until I resolve this problem. A knowledgeable friend told me that the trouble was in the ignition/key switch. This morning I am attempting to reach the switch and remove it, but I cannot reach it without removing the dash it seems. That also seems easier said than done. Does anyone have an idea what is actually the glow plug problem, and /or if it is the switch, and how do I remove it to replace it? Many Thanks for any info ya'll can provide.
Sponsored Links

Ethan Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethan Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 7:06pm
Hi I wish I had something beeter to say than a suggestion. But maybe you should ask this in the farm Equipment section cause it looks like this has been up for a while and hasn't had any responds,I believe you would get more help there cause it seems like more people hang out over there. good luck.  
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 11:42am
I have big hands and can still get the ignition switch out. Not easily but it can be done. Everything on these Japanese tractors is hard to get at. LOL
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 8:24am
It looks like you live in Louisiana.  You probably never need to use the glow plugs.  I don't during the summer here in MI, and it start right up.  To fix it the easiest way you could just pull the wire for them off of the ignition switch.  I am not sure on your tractor it there is a seperate fuse for them.  That would be an even easier fix.

However, if the problem is in the ignition switch, the switch will probably have further breakdown and eventually need replacing so that may be the way to go.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic