This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis chalmers 344 diesel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandk_equip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis chalmers 344 diesel
    Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 9:08pm
I have a 344 ac engine with a broken crankshaft.  Is there anyone on here that would know where i could get a crankshaft?
Sponsored Links

gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 7:11am
 I have some 344 crankshafts but to heavy for shipping am located near MONTREAL CANADA.
norm [ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm [ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 6:52pm
  i have a rod assy  1-800-254-3116
BobsAc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsAc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 5:11pm
I should have a good one if you're interested, the 6000 engine I believe also uses the same crankshaft, let me know.....  Bob S.
ghausner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghausner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 4:16pm
There should be a tag on the side of the block that identifies your engine. From the picture it looks like you have the AC 6000 engine with deep dish pistons. If your injectors are on the side of the cylinder head you have an HD344 engine. If the injectors are on the top of the cylinder head you have a 6000 engine. If the engine has a turbo it is the 7000 engine. If you left the petcock open when you drained the block to remove the cylinder head you should not have any water damage. The first thing to do is to drain the oil pan and note how much oil and water is in there. Did the oil pump take on water? Clean the bores before removing the pistons. The rods can be damaged if you use a metal object to push the rod and piston assembly out. If you have the inframe rebuild kit you know that this is a wet sleeve engine. You will need a sleeve puller. I can be contacted at ghausner@mail2george.com
ACmanOh View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmanOh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2010 at 9:17am
  I have a 344 AC Engine I can pull the crankshaft out of and check it to see if it is ok. Let me know if interested I will be glad to pull it out and have it checked. email snydereq@frontier.com or call 1-330-223-1913  I am in Ohio Thanks, Rays
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic