This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis c help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis c help
    Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 5:48pm
Having problems with something drawing my battery down maybe someone could lead me the right way. Rebuilt the generator,starter, new wire harness,new battery ,new cables,new switches ,new gauges . Worked fine for a month or so now something just draws the battery down fairly quick,what should i look for? Thanks  Btw its a c and a 6 volt system.
Sponsored Links

MilesGray (CO/KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilesGray (CO/KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 7:01pm
http://www.allischalmers.com/new/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14963&title=allis-c-electrical

Here are a couple of other posts that may help.
If it seems there is a drain even when the switch is off, you may have a hot lead coming off your generator that has constant power, or you may have gotten a bad 6V battery. Since they are not in demand sometimes they sit a long time before someone buys them. I also just finished replacing my entire Electrical/Starter system in my C. Mine is 12V but I had a wire coming off my Alternator that was live, even when the switch was off.

Good luck with the puzzle, and Welcome to the forum!

Edited by MilesGray (CO/KS) - 10 Jul 2010 at 7:04pm
Miles Gray (CO/KS)

5 1938 B's, 1940 B, 1944 WF C, 1948 NF C, Gleaner A, White Top Rotobaler, 1957 IH Golden Jubilee... I'm either a collector, or crazy!
Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 9:55pm
do you have ther cutout on the generator? they sometimes stick and will drain the battery. If it's not that, then remove a battery cable and with a volt meter in series with the battery, disconnect wires until the voltage drain goes away, as seen on the volt meter.
Bob
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 10:38pm
Chalmersbob has a good suggestion - the cutout can and does stick closed when you shut the engine off. Turns the genny into a motor! I'd check that first.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
weaver View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 10:42pm
Thanks guys will work on it next weekend and see what i find! Thanks for the welcome ,i have been on the old forum for a couple years but just now registered to the new . I didnt post much i just got lots of help off here. Thanks again guys!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic