This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 7000 drug out of the woods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 7000 drug out of the woods
    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:19pm
I just purchased a friends farm equipment he has been in a rest home for 8 years now here is the 7000 I got I had to remove the covers to pull it out of the woods and briars you could barley see it , it had been sitting for 8 years 7000.JPG
Sponsored Links

wjoey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:32pm
I will take some more photos now that it is at my farm , and we will see how it does after sitting so long I bet it still runs like a champ it did when he parked it
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 9:34pm
That's an interesting step. Is it an extra fuel tank?
allisorange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:16am
Hope you have the side panels. Looks pretty good for sitting
that long. Good luck with the tractor.                                                                                                     

John Carlson
wjoey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:17am
IT only has one big fuel tank so im not sure what your asking ,this is my first experience with a allis chalmers, heading over this morning to try and get it running.
wjoey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:18am
Originally posted by allisorange allisorange wrote:

Hope you have the side panels. Looks pretty good for sitting
that long. Good luck with the tractor.                                                                                                      

John Carlson

Yes I have them I had to remove them to move it as there were vines all grew up inside it and I did not want to mess them up
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 4:02pm
Make sure you have good huydralic pressure to the powershift,, it will burn up fast
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 4:24pm
We need before and after pictures of the move!  Please!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:37pm
Sure looks like a nice doorshock kit from <tractordoorshockkit.com> would be in order when you get her all ready to use!
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:13pm
Any idea why it was parked/drug into a grove ?? 
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:34pm
Welcome to the forum, keep us posted as you go along. What other equipment was there.
wjoey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:24am
My friend (Dan) had a stroke and it caused him to do some dumb things , then he had another 8 years ago that landed him in a rest home , he has been there ever since , The court took bids on his equipment there was a 3 way tie and his wife got to chose the winner and chose me, I have personally Knew Dan for and this equipment for a long time it used to be a really nice tractor with little use.
wjoey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Mikez Mikez wrote:

Welcome to the forum, keep us posted as you go along. What other equipment was there.
A massey 3 bottom plow ,310 new Holland square bailer, new Holland 640 round bailer. new Holland 57 rake .tedder I dont remember the name. Kuhn disk mower. post hole digger, cultivator , chisel plow, 3 point concrete mixer
wjoey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:29am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Any idea why it was parked/drug into a grove ?? 
My friend (Dan) had a stroke and it caused him to do some dumb things , then he had another 8 years ago that landed him in a rest home , he has been there ever since , The court took bids on his equipment there was a 3 way tie and his wife got to chose the winner and chose me, I have personally Knew Dan for and this equipment for a long time it used to be a really nice tractor with little use.
wjoey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:32am
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Make sure you have good hydraulic pressure to the powershift,, it will burn up fast
will do Im gona change all the fluids and filters before I fire it up or at least try too
wjoey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 2:50pm
Well it fired right up and runs like a champ, even the lights and gauges still work, now for clean up time
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 4:34pm
Shocked  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 5:27pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 7:45pm
I don't remember a 7000 having those steps. Did I miss something over the years?
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 7:54pm
To those that have/had this particular model, what are the various black hoses on the step side of the engine? One of the "rear" hoses seems to have some sort of valve ?? Thanks, I have never seen this much of a "7000" series engine without the covers .
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 8:05pm
Looks like a heater hose with the valve. Also two black ac hoses running to the cab
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 8:23pm
Looks like a cooler has been added in front of the oil cooler. Would have to trace them back to see where they go to. Trace them and see where they go and take a picture. I’m sure someone can figure it out. They had heated and cooled cabs so maybe something went wrong and this was a fix?
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 9:07pm
The steps look to be homemade. Black hoses are for air conditioning and route to the condenser core. The hose with the valve is a heater hose.
bleeds orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 9:09pm
ac condenser in front. The hose with aftermarket valve is the heater line for heat in cab. Theres a knob in cab to close coolant flow off under roof, over the years they rot and stay open and when ac is on you still have hot air blowing on you. And then someone added the in line valve on hose.
wjoey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 2:02pm
Well I drove it from my farm to my house today, about 10 miles This thing is strong it ran eight up these hills in high gear, reason for the move was my radio does not pick the braves channel up very good over there but it does great at my house now to get the ac working and glass in the back and door ordered. My neighbor wants to buy it but not bad enough he offered me $2500 I just smiled

Edited by wjoey - 25 Aug 2019 at 2:05pm
wjoey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Lynn Marshall Lynn Marshall wrote:

The steps look to be homemade. Black hoses are for air conditioning and route to the condenser core. The hose with the valve is a heater hose.
correct he had the step base made after his first stroke , the valve is a cut off for the inside heater .
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:52pm
Good looking unit. Whereabouts in GA? Im from Elberton.
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 12:38pm
Thinking you got a deal
wjoey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by DREAM DREAM wrote:

Good looking unit. Whereabouts in GA? Im from Elberton.
Lafayette
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 9:48pm
Been through there a few times. Ill wave next time.Tongue
Glad to hear it still runs like it should.
Sorry your friend cant still enjoy it. Never know whats going to happen to us.
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic