This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allcrop 60 #2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(WC)(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allcrop 60 #2
    Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 5:52pm
Finally made the hour trip to go get my second allcrop 60 combine.  The trailer we used last time with the wheels that slid out allowing the deck to rest on the ground for easy loading was covered with 150 bales of hay, so that was out.  Used our gooseneck trailer and a winch, it was tight but she rode the rails up and then we jacked it up, removed wheels and set her down on railroad ties.  Didn;t move a bit coming home.  This combine is actually in better shape than the first, so the first will be a parts machine.
A buddy bought a 60A combine and half way home we pulled in there, he hitched onto it with his truck which was following us and we greased the wheels and pulled his home and we followed, imagine the looks we got going through town, one in tow, and one loaded!  I bet people had no clue what they even were!
Many thanks to steelwheelACJim and StanOhio for their help in getting this combine.

Sponsored Links

StanOhio View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StanOhio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 5:26am
No problem, can't wait to see it cutting wheat next year at plow days.
Jim Lindemood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Lindemood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 7:27am
Good job - she doesn't look too bad. Hope you have better luck finding wheat seed than I am.
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 7:30am
Jeff, I can imagine the looks you got - it does sorta look like an erector set creation on a trailer!
WC, CA, D14, WD45
clovis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clovis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 8:19am
Cool!!!! 

Any chance you can save both All Crops? (I'd love to see all of them saved.)

If by chance, you need an All Crop Service Manual, I have them available. 

Jeff(WC)(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(WC)(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 1:11pm
probably could save both....but i don;t have the money too....it was cheaper to buy this one with the good parts that i needed and had good canvases....i will take some parts from the other one but when i get done it still could be fixed up if someone is interested, if not i will part it out
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic