This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alkaline Battery ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alkaline Battery ??
    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

how about rechargable batteeries for them toys
I must admit that I did NOT inquire about these batteries in my original post. Seems like these batteries are a lost "fad"?? Thanks Tad for the reply !!
Sponsored Links

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Brian F(IL) Brian F(IL) wrote:

I use Duracell and believe it or not, Interstate Batteries.
I must admit that I've never seen "Interstate" AA's "here" Wink
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

re: Can you elaborate

Ok, I sold next door to my wife's son's girfriend for a GREAT deal and she just happens to  run Energizer Canada..so batteries are ,well, easy to acquire.... Along with flashlights and tshirts and other SWAG.
The only batteries I can't get are  'lawn mower' sized ones. Seems Energizer sold the 'right's to their name for them to some American firm..sniff,sniff... now if I was 'south of the 49th'......

Jay
Thanks for your reply WinkWink !!
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 6:41pm
RayOVac fan here.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 6:33pm
I use rechargable in the church microphone... they go a looooog  time.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Dorix View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 5:56pm
  I've had good luck with Rayovacs, and they're made to some extent here in the US.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 2:25pm
how about rechargable batteeries for them toys
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 8:37am
I use Duracell and believe it or not, Interstate Batteries.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 6:09am
I will generally purchase Rayovac, unless others are on sale at the time I need batteries.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 5:49am
re: Can you elaborate

Ok, I sold next door to my wife's son's girfriend for a GREAT deal and she just happens to  run Energizer Canada..so batteries are ,well, easy to acquire.... Along with flashlights and tshirts and other SWAG.
The only batteries I can't get are  'lawn mower' sized ones. Seems Energizer sold the 'right's to their name for them to some American firm..sniff,sniff... now if I was 'south of the 49th'......

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 5:37am
[TUBE]V7-ghrTqA44[/TUBE]
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 11:13pm
we use Duracell in everything, seems they last longer in any device, or in storage. 
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 8:50pm
as an fyi, seems the cheapest battery prices for me are found at Sam's club.

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Energizer Max... 10 year shelf life

course I'm biased.. I get cases of them for free, sort of.....
Can you elaborate Big smileBig smile ??
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 7:13pm
Energizer Max... 10 year shelf life

course I'm biased.. I get cases of them for free, sort of.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 7:11pm
Duracell is probably the best. I have been using the HF top of the line batteries (blue ones) and have had good service out of them. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 6:06pm
JW, it's mainly for my DeWalt job site radio to maintain the clock/preset memory. 
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 5:50pm
Depends on use,  I use Duracell in all my meters, flashlights and instruments but only use Eveready in my camera.
Maximum use of available resources!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 5:30pm
I get the free ones from harbor freight. Yep they may not last as long as name brand, but as long as they don't cost me nothing. And our local hardware store recycles them.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 5:28pm
What have you guys had the "best" luck with as far as brands regarding AAA-AA batteries for remotes and small devices ?? Just talking alkaline batteries, NOT Lithium batteries WinkWink!! Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic