This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alaska The Last Frontier ques?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alaska The Last Frontier ques?
    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 5:07am
What the hey are the long thingies on the ends of the rifle barrels that Eivan and Eve have on the ends of the rifle barrels and what purpose do those things serve?

Edited by Dave H - 07 Dec 2020 at 11:46am
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 5:09am
prolly an native something
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 10:26am
A silencer so they don't scare the other goats, so they can shoot another one?  That's the only thing I can think of!

Pretty country, a waste of a lot of time attempting something they had never done before. Especially when they got goats at home they could be breeding and having a yearly supply without leaving home.  I was thinking, an excursion like that must cost lotsa money.  Doed the TV Company pay for those things?  And when the go out fishing and clamming, that boat wouldn't be cheap.  They are spending tons of money for a very small return!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
caledonian View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caledonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 11:15am
More than likely the TV outfit foots the bill for some of that stuff. If they didn't do all this extra activities it would make for a dull TV show. then their ratings would go down.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 11:52am
They are spending tons of money for a very small return!

Well, I think you ai the nail on the head.  If they showed just true homesteading stuff, the show would not be an attraction,  yaah kinda like that JCB skid-steer they toot around with the telescopic forks.  LOL
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 7:47pm
Do you see all the Allis equipment they come up with. Last week or so there was a WD 45 baling small squares, they have 2- 6000 series , one with a loader, a B, earlier there has been a 170/5 in the back ground.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 9:04pm
back in the early 80's and before...Allis Chalmers had the only farm equipment dealership in the whole state of Alaska. no one else had a dealership up there. they do now tho. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 9:05pm
the TV people do pay them for each episode. dunno how much for this one, but on deadlyest catch it was $20,000. per.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 11:50pm
One of my classmates has an AC C in her backyard, hasn't run in many years, Eagle River, AK is a long way from Niwot, CO or it would be in my yard.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 12:31pm
I mainly watch it for the occasional Jewel visit, she is a sweetheart.  I wish she would sing some of her songs on the show. 

I imagine the network also buys some of the toys they have that mysteriously show up.  That mini excavator is one.  The tracks on that ATV is another one.  There are others too.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 9:39pm
prolly the only way they can afford some of that stuff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic