This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aftermarket carb mower/atv

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aftermarket carb mower/atv
    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 5:52am
I have an older Honda Foreman 400 4 wheeler. It has sat too long one too many times. Last time I cleaned the carb and put O-rings in it I never could get it to run right. Messed with it a couple days.
I’ve been new aftermarket carbs for $40.00 or there about. Many one tried these?
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 6:17am
I 'borrowed' the carb off a 9HP Chinese Honda clone 6-7 years ago to get a motar mixer 'up and running'. It still runs fine....
It was CHEAPER to buy the 'offshore wonder' than just the Honda carb !! When I finally needed the clone, it cost me $21.47 for the carb(came with gaskets too !)
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 8:58am
Never bought that specific carb Thad... buy i have bought one for a chain saw and a small 4 wheeler.. both ran great.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 9:21am
I am in the same crowd as Steve,  Don't have an ATV but the off shore carbs I have put on repair jobs always worked like the real deal.  Do we really want to know where Honda parts are made?  Oh and my black Predator tiller motor has a shiny red pull start unit on it.  LOL
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 6:51pm
I've put the 20-40 buck wonders on hondas, no complaints. Mostly GX 160's on power equipment that I bought at auction, or offa craigs list...  

Most of the gummed up carbs are due to other people leaving crapanol gas in them.  I run mine on Naptha or Coleman camp gas, or the wal-mart equivalent.  If I have a big job to do in the dry summer, I might go to regular gas, but I always go back to Naptha before fall.  Better to spend a little on gas, than a lot on carbs...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:42pm
Put one on a Suzuki LT160 and a Honda Recon. They work fine.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 8:21pm

Since my wife started to get seriously sick, I finally started telling potential customers that I was not gonna be able to work on their weed eaters, chain saws, mowers and all types of other work,,,but if they were satisfied with HF or ebay OFF shore carbs and/ or parts,,then I would work on their stuff. I can order a carb that will fit and work for a few years and charge them for 1 hour of work and they leave happy as a lark.
 And, THad,,I never had a redo with any of them earl schieb carbs,,,,,ClapClapMost of them will have the mounting bolt centers on the pics and a crackerjack mechanic like you won;t have a bit of problem getting it to work,,,,ten four,,??Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 9:11pm
same as you DJ, I don't work on ANY 2 stroke jokes anymore. Got 2 STIHL weedwhackers here, nice clean, very low hours....gettin snowflakes on them now.
Heck I don't look at push mowers either....
like fixin snowblowers, but may have to toss a monkey wrench waaay out west pretty soon !!!

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 5:49am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Since my wife started to get seriously sick, I finally started telling potential customers that I was not gonna be able to work on their weed eaters, chain saws, mowers and all types of other work,,,but if they were satisfied with HF or ebay OFF shore carbs and/ or parts,,then I would work on their stuff. I can order a carb that will fit and work for a few years and charge them for 1 hour of work and they leave happy as a lark.
 And, THad,,I never had a redo with any of them earl schieb carbs,,,,,ClapClapMost of them will have the mounting bolt centers on the pics and a crackerjack mechanic like you won;t have a bit of problem getting it to work,,,,ten four,,??Clap

Joe where do you order those carbs ? Looking for something not on eBay.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 6:23am
I've bought several from www.banggood.com.
Yes takes 2-3 weeks to get, though they have a warhouse in the USA...might be 'local'.
hint: while you're searching the site, ADD to wishlist, anything that looks interesting..that way you can EASILY find it later....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic