This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC130 questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC130 questions
    Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 5:08pm
OK, tired of buying deck belts , gotta couple questions....

1) does yours have guards over the deck spindles and pulleys ?

I don't have any, 'parts' shows a LOT of pieces,no part #s though..
Deck always has a LOT of clipping on top, CLEAN underneath.

2) HOW do you tell which belt to really need  ?

I'm running an A92, so a 1/2" x 94" belt. Fits good,nice tension but rides high on the right flat pulley, low on the left flat pulley. I'm going to add washers to the right to put belt more in the center.

This is my loaner machine and the girl is careful, though I suspect  tree twigs are flipping the belts off.

Putting belts on is a dream ! from right side ,less than a minute. Just wish I was so dang good at that !

Mine's a 23HP, 42" cut ?????996 model. ALWAYS set at highest cut,or one down.

Any info is appreciated !
Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 10:23pm
their probley are some belt keepers missing  but somone else will probley know for sure
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 6:31am
weird frustrating part... NONE of the online shops even LIST the 9 pieces of the deck belt guard ! No part numbers, no prices, nada. The AC130 parts PDF  shows them but NO numbers .
with new belt and some minor tweaking it cut 1/6 ac of tall grass great BUT sticks CAN get tossed onto top of deck ,into belt and pulleys
I'm probably stuck making my own guard ,just wanted to see/hear from others with this AC130.

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 5:27pm
In this day and age of being over safe that deck did not have full covers over the belt. Dad bought his 130 new and it only has a plastic guard over the 2 rear spindles. I will tell you the idler assembly will become loose over time due to wear on the bushing and begin to throw the belt or break them. At around 500 hours we had to replace dad’s. Easy enough to check, remove the belt from the idler pulley and grab the assembly and see if it wobbles around. It should not. Replace the bushing as well.

Edited by AC720Man - 20 Aug 2023 at 5:32pm
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 6:17am
Spent half the night looking for AC130 pictures and wow most that I can see do NOT have  any guards on them..... none have the steel shroud, 2-3 have the spindle covers, most nada....

so ,I'm lead to believe it was never on.... and 'sticks' aren't attacking it, rather it's an 'alignment' issue, right idler is shiny at the top, left, on the bottom. It'd be nice to lower the PTO to reduce the belt 'angle'. I always cut high (top notch).
Off to garage to see how to 'tweak' the fit.

A-C_220 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-C_220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 4:35pm
Use a OEM belt or a kevlar belt and make sure deck is level front to back or a 1/8 inch higher in front. I think OEM belt part # is 1732204SM which is 91 inchs long Good Luck

Edited by A-C_220 - 21 Aug 2023 at 4:41pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 5:26pm
sigh, belts are Aramid(sp) kinda like KEVLAR have them on 4 other riders, last  for years...
so confident it's not the belts.

And I still haven't seen anything about WHICH pulleys are on it to get the 'correct' belt. The parts manual show FOUR belts ( 2 @ 91 ,2@ 94 ). I'm using a 4L940 as it fits real nice, good tension on idler with spring.

I'll look at deck leveling...
sad thing is that NOWHERE in the 68 pages of the 'operators manual' do they say ANYTHING about a) how to replace deck belt or  b) leveling the deck !!!!

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh...

oh well it's something to occupy my time......

really sad I've spent MORE in belts than I paid for the rider..

any help, words of wisdom are appreciated.
Jay

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 8:04am
so the saga continues...
I get yet another owner's manual and THIS one HAS 'how to adjust the deck' and 'how to replace the belt'
'levelled deck fron to back' and fingers crossed, we'll try again...
Jay

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:47am
final ? update...
tightened the 'front-back' adjusters and cut a LOT of 8" tall wet grass,NO belt issues.
Hopefully haven't cursed myself...
Really need a rope on the chute though as wet grass clumps up pretty fast ....

fingers crossed...

Jay

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 2:34pm
grrrrrr...
neighbour goes to use the rider, gets 3/4 done...gets more gas, starts up, then the belt breaks.
sigh...
this is getting a wee bit much.....

break was a pretty clean one, not the usual , belt slips off ,goes around and round and chews up the cords type damage..

More of a 'shock when engaged' pulling break....

if you can understand my English.....

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:27pm
We always engage the electric clutch while the engine is at idle to prevent the belt from snapping. It’s also easier on the clutch.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 7:41am
Verified it's not from PTO engaging at high speed( asked the neighbour how she runs it...)
Removed the 'idler assembly' arm and bushing ,got them 'silky smoooth', installed new belt and NOT it's raining ,again.....
So, when Mr. Sun reappears for 2 days, THEN , I'll get to test THIS repair. More belts are being delivered today.....

It'd be nice if that idler arm was 'beefier'( more steel at the pivot point ).Now I can see how it can get weaker over time....

Jay

Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 7:13am
This is probably one of the worst rename of a brand ever done .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:13am
I actually LIKE the rider, starts,runs, usually cuts grass.....
..the deck belt is EASY to replace, from the right side, maybe 30-35 seconds unlike the other 3 or 4 riders I have to deal with.....

Once Mr. Sun reappears, I'm hoping to test the latest 'repair'....

Jay

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:38pm
Fred you’re right as they are not made heavy like the Allis mowers we are accustomed to know. It’s a cheap Simplicity that should have never had the Allis name on it. But, for the price it does mow well, a person just can’t be rough with it. Other than the idler pulley and bushing we had to replace it continues to do all our trim mowing at the farm very well.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 12:08pm
OK, 'machined' the springy idler arm for a SNUG fit....
...tried the PTO on-off several times, went and chopped down wet,8" tall grass(?) at the centurion's home, belt still intact.....
finger crossed...
real test is when Kristen cuts the back yard, hopefully tomorrow IF Mr. Sun stays out !

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 4:56pm
https://images.craigslist.org/00u0u_lpQ8WWoKuwN_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
Don't know if this helps but this listing shows all the deck covered
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 5:18pm
hmm, that's ONE version, two plastic end caps..
..which isn't on the 'parts drawings' I have, naturally.
wonder HOW to get those parts ?

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 6:58pm
You could buy that one
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 6:39am
I would if I could, but no passport.......
Besides I'm waiting for UPS to deliver my wire brush from Home Depot, Los Angeles, for free ! yup, HD is paying to ship a $20 brush, 2500+ miles......

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 7:44pm
hopefully final post...
cut 12" high wet grass for 2+ hours...NO problem.....
AND got money back from 2  cut belts
Also have a section of 3/16", 2" wide flat bar to make new 'tension arm', just in case. Ain't no way it'll bend !

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 9:59pm
You need a bush hog, no riding mower was designed to cut grass that high.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 6:16am
Heck it was 'the test' ! Dang machine was spewing clippings a good 15 feet ,with RPM set in the 'mowing speed' notch.
Usually  the grass is cut at 5-6",but we had a spell of heavy rain, wait 3 days to dry up, darn, rains again, have to wait....
Lawn is for the centurion(sp) , he's 100 years old, the last veteran I know, so I supply the rider and another neighbour,she, cuts the lawns.
I'm hoping for 2 more days of 'yellow ball in the sky' so she can 'trim' ALL of his acre at the same time.

I actually chopped down my 'winter rye' one spring with the MTD Cub Cadet. Rye was 2' tall and dry.Go slow and no exit guard ...easy.....dusty, but easy.

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 4:41am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 6:36am
it'd be nice ! Wish it was closer and not on FBMP ( need smartfone for that )...
Actually like to have 3 or 4 AC130s....as I loan my spare riders to neighbours.

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 1:42pm

Allis chalmers 130

C$800
Listed a week ago in Adjala-Tosorontio, ON
Details

• Condition
    Used - Fair
I have an allis chalmers 130 for sale it runs okay but needs a carb clean and a battery. Will be painted before sale 800 obo need gone.
Adjala-Tosorontio, ON
Location is approximate

Seller information

Joined Facebook in 2021
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 1:55pm
yeah I can't do facebook marketplace as I don't own a 'smart' phone......
but  for giggles I searched using 'allis-chalmers' within 100KM of me.
Found that rider , few tractors and then  Ford, Ferguson, ugh, Deere ones 
AND, 
sitting down ?
ready ?

A $52,000 SWIMMING POOL !!!

Yes, ,I ain't kidding !!!

WHY does 'everyone' say FB is soooooooo great ????

Edited by jaybmiller - 04 Sep 2023 at 3:58pm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic