This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ac wc.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fidel513 mo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ac wc.
    Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 8:37pm
found a wc today, i think it can be bougth. owner said any thing is for sale. it has a waukesha engine,on steel and all sheetmetal. not locked. carb &mag still on it. what is it worth,ballpark price?
Sponsored Links

Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 8:46pm
COngratulations on your find. With Waukesha engine, it's an early one...one of the first 29 WC's built. I don't have a good read on pricing of late, but I can tell you that I gave $700 for a '38 Unstyled with decent tin and good rubber, running. I suspect that I overpaid some for it, so knock off a couple hundred and then add back for whatever having one of the first handful of the WC run is worth to you. I dunno.......maybe $1,000?? Others will (I hope) leap in with better info than I have at hand. But please get it and make sure that it's preserved!
WC, CA, D14, WD45
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 8:52pm
If it is a true Waukesha with the correct parts and serial # you can add at least another zero to that $1000 and then some. Chances are it is not as it seems but one can only dream.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 6 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 9:44pm
Here is Fred Wilke's beautifully restored 1933 Waukesha WC, serial # 14 of 28 made, and one of two known to exist. If you found one, Lonnie's indication of price is probably on the side of being a bargain, no matter what the condition!

Edited by GBACBFan - 29 Jun 2010 at 9:46pm
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 9:54pm
   Who own's the other W ?
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Fidel513 mo. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fidel513 mo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 11:00pm
it looks like fred's only not as nice paint. correct enigne and mag. going back to check ser.no. will look it over a little closer.thanks.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 4:59am
I've seen Fred's #14 and the first one found which is #19 but I can't remember the owner's name. Ben J. caused a little stir on here last year when he claimed to have found one but didn't post pictures. Ben's buddy owns it now and it is supposed to be #9.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Brian Ahart View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Ahart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 6:04am

Lavern Greif of Dallas Center, IA owns the other Wauk WC.

Here is a picture from Hutch '03:

A-C Weight ID reference and other goodies at brianahart.net
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 6:26am
flag
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 6:56am
Are the wheels supposed to be orange or black? They are both very nice, and I don't care which one is the way they came from factory, just curious.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 6:57am
Guess my value estimate was a tad on the light side! I'm not sure how one sets a price for a rare bird like you have found as I don't think most of us have any idea what others have paid for the couple known to exist. There just isn't a good range of sales to use as a guide. I am NOT trying to say that I disagree with Lonnie and GABACFan - I have no data to do so. I guess I am saying that value in a case like this will be determined by the deal a willing seller and a motivated buyer will make. Good luck making your deal - looking forward to pictures. BTW, Fred Wilke treated me and a friend to a tour of his AC museum - spectacular would be the word I'd use to describe his collection. His Waukesha WC is as nice "in person" as it appears above!

Edited by Dave(inMA) - 30 Jun 2010 at 7:00am
WC, CA, D14, WD45
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 7:09am
Dusty, for what it's worth I'll give you my opinion on the wheel color. F&H made the wheels and painted them black. If they were installed at West Allis they were more than likely painted Orange. Some tractors went to the dealer with steel wheels and had them replaced by the dealer to rubber. The replacement rims from F&H may not have been repainted at the dealer so black rims were mounted on new tractors. My 35WC had some black show up inside the hubs while cleaning them. It had been painted over with Orange and the tractor had never been painted by the original owner. This makes me believe my tractor came from the factory with rubber on it. Charlie

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 30 Jun 2010 at 7:11am
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
RyanTN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:55am
Fidel- Do you have an update on your find (pics, serial #)?  Do you think that it's an original or something that has been "created" over the years?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fidel513 mo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 5:07pm
i will know more after monday.going back to get some ac parts and look around it is like a honey hole.he must have 20 or 30 hicrops,and a tone of weird ac stuff.
Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 7:24pm
If this really is, this will be awesome!  Keep us posted!
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
Richardmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 12:51pm
i bet this place is over in laddonia MO
he has a lot of AC and IH high crop and few oliver high crops

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fidel513 mo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 5:41pm
that is the guy. going to get a power steering pump and maybe some front weights for wd45 ,wish me luck.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 7:00pm

Let us all wish you Good Luck on your find.  Waulkesha WC's are very few and far between.  I was honored to visit Fred while he was restoring his 1933 WC.  I saw him again with his 1933 - the year I was born - Waukesha at the Canadaiga GOTO.  Let's see if I can post a picture of Fred and I with his 1933 Waukesha.

I onlyu wish you could see pictures of how Fred brought home this unit.  It was almost all in pieces.
Let us know how it goes.  We are all pulling for you.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fidel513 mo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 8:09pm
i doubt if i'll be able buy it, but i will take my camera with me and if he lets me take pics. i'll take a bunch. then somebody will have to walk me through posting them on the site. it will be fun just to root around and see what else mite be there. can't wait for monday.
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 9:45pm
I will believe it when I see it. I think all of us heard this in the past couple of years from another gentleman...
David Maddux View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Maddux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 10:00pm
There was a WC with Waukeshaw engine sell at Ernie Knutch's auction, however it had been put together out of other WC's. It had a high serial no. I would think one like that would not be of much value. I hope you have found a true bonified unit.  Dave. 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fidel513 mo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 10:03pm
find out mon. will write down ser. # and let you guys know.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 10:06pm
You should know when you see the serial #. Should be a low number!
WC, CA, D14, WD45
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic