This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC Trailer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustymetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC Trailer?
    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 4:39am

Hi, first post, I found this site after an online search for info on AC garden tractors and a trailer I saw...
To make a long story short, I drove an hour yesterday to pickup a pair of 916 parts machines here in NJ.
The guy had a yard full of tractors, of all makes, but what caught my eye was a little yellow tilt trailer marked Allis Chalmers on the side. Its got 8" wheels, small rounded fenders, and Snowco decals on the back of each fender, and it tilts.
He was using it to move around machines that didn't run. I bought the two 916 tractors off him and he used a hand winch to load them onto that trailer to haul them out to the road. When I asked if he was selling the trailer, he said everything is for sale, he's cleaning out the yard. He told me he wanted $600 for the trailer.
When I got home a buddy who has several older AC machines told me it may be a trailer from a 'Terra Tiger" 6 by atv and that they're sort of rare.
Its a light trailer, a lot lighter than the beast I've been hauling around with my car.
Does anyone have any info on these?
I'm going back again next Monday to pickup another pair of tractors like mine in hopes of building another complete machine, maybe I should think about also bringing home the trailer?
Sponsored Links

Brad in WA View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad in WA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:07am
I have one of those but don't know much about them, they are quite rare, mine is the only one i have ever seen. I think they were built before the Terra Tiger came along and were meant for garden tractors.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:09am
Welcome to to forum. Depending on condition that's a good price. Think the Terra tiger trailer also swiveled so you could drive it off. Good luck
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:11am
Brad there was a trailer made for the terra tiger. Snoco also made one for garden tractors, maybe that's what you have
talntedmrgreen View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talntedmrgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:21am
There were several Snowco models marketed for garden tractors.  Allis and Wheelhorse were the only tractor brands who had Snowco put their name on the trailers.  An Allis Snowco should have an AC model/serial number plate up by the tongue.  Many have been refurbished in the various garden tractor brands that promoted them, so that AC name plate is pretty important to their value.  Even regular Snowco trailers bring a premium (considering they are 40-50yr old, lite duty trailers) from collectors.  There were numerous models, however, and some are more desirable than others. 
Patterson B1*B1/B1Forklift*B10*BigTen/B1Loader*B110*B208*B206*616*Homelite T16H/T8/T7/RM7E*Landlord/Loader/Trencher*Broadmoor717*Serf525*2110*7790*Legacy XL*Twin 20*Squire9*Squire6*JCPenny 494
rustymetal View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustymetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:43am
This one was about 5 ft by 8 ft and painted the same color yellow as an older B1. There was a black tag on the left front side with some info on it but my eyes aren't good enough to have read what it said. There's an Allis Chalmer's decal on both sides. The wheels were 8" with lugs. the tongue was curved, or stepped down, you pulled a pin to tilt the trailer, once tilted the tongue let the trailer pivot left or right.
I don't need it but if anyone is interested I can get his number or email.
I have a bigger snowmobile trailer I've used for years that will hold four tractors, I don't have the room for another one here.
It was the A/C name on a road trailer that got my attention. I don't think I've ever seen a Terra Tiger in person. When I get a chance, I'll see if I can figure out how to post a few pics of it that I took, I just have to figure out how to get them from my phone to my computer.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:15am
Yea there's some collectors on here that will probably be interested
farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:17am
This is a terra tiger trailer. And if in good condition it's worth that.
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:19am
Snowbee trailer is longer and rounded in front and was sold to haul G-T's.

5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
TerraTiger View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerraTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 6:04pm
Rustymetal, pm sent
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustymetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 2:14am
The one I saw was like the one in the brochure pic above minus the crossover bar in the front.
I have to go back there this weekend, I'll snap a few pics of it.
So far I bought 7 A/C and Simplicity tractors off the guy, all pretty cheap. He's got a lot left. There's got to be 30 or so more there in various condition. Most are parts tractors, he's keeping only one or two of the newer models for his own use and letting the rest go.

Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 5:20pm
My Grandpa had one back in the sixties, with the shield with radiused corners, it was badged as a Tag-a-Long trailer and was sold to him when he bought a Colt garden tractor from the local Case dealer. Someone told me the Snowco name came along later, but I really don't know.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustymetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:19pm
Here's a pic the owner emailed to me this morning. It may not be for a garden tractor but the added width and the fact that the deck is higher than the fenders make it perfect for hauling a tractor too.

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talntedmrgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:51pm
That sure Looks like the pivoting model at the Tara tiger would use. That’s a real good find
Patterson B1*B1/B1Forklift*B10*BigTen/B1Loader*B110*B208*B206*616*Homelite T16H/T8/T7/RM7E*Landlord/Loader/Trencher*Broadmoor717*Serf525*2110*7790*Legacy XL*Twin 20*Squire9*Squire6*JCPenny 494
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 7:49am
If I remember correctly, wasn't the swinging tongue also used for a snowmobile?

Edited by JoeO(CMO) - 10 Mar 2018 at 7:50am

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talntedmrgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 9:18am
Yup. With that one in Snowco dress, thats likely what it was sold as.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustymetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:18pm
It has both Snowco and Allis Chalmers decals on it, the info plate is Allis Chalmers.

Jk chalmers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 2:53pm
So has anyone bought the trailer??
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 3:53pm
We have a snowco trailer for garden tractors has allis chalmers on tag. It's in ruff shape, if any of you get up into the northeast
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustymetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 10:59pm
I still have the trailer, I've been pretty busy at work and haven't done anything with it.
I used it to bring a small boat home about a month ago and the boat is still sitting on the trailer.
Jk chalmers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 6:06am
Ok cool I just hadn’t read that you or anyone had got it from the old man! Good deal
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustymetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 7:38am
I made a deal with the last two machines I bought to include the trailer.
Its in nice shape but I'll likely just pass it on since it takes up a lot of space here.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 1:29pm
It's a model 861 trailer for Terra Tiger. Odd that it has snowco decals and tag doesn't have model number or such on it. If it was in Ohio I would be interested! We have one like it only it has info on tag and Large AC logos on rear of fenders.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustymetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:38am
I went to a farm auction a few weeks ago and there was one of these there that looked identical to this one. They had some sort of sprayer mounted on it and it was badly rusted, it had the same Snowco decals on the fenders and Allis Chalmers decals on the sides. It went for $500, but they were most likely after the sprayer as the trailer was completely rusted through.

On this one here, the decal looks as if they missed the boxes when they stamped it, or the stamp was misaligned. There are a few marks but no complete letters on a few boxes.

I've been using it to haul my zero turn between here and my other property down the road. It works great since I can back on and back off, its wide enough for me to spin the mower around on the trailer so I don't have to pivot and tilt it forward.

If a collector wants it, I'd let it go, I sort of feel guilty using it like it is without a proper paint job. I'd just as well get by using an old snow mobile trailer or any 8 to 10' landscape trailer.  I actually have a tilt deck that was built to carry a ditch witch that I could use as well.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talntedmrgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:34am
If it was closer, or smaller to freight, I would take you up on that!
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 10:04pm
Hey Rustymetal welcome to the forum! Where bout's you located in NJ? I'm in Sussex County/Green Twp.
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustymetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 2:31am
I'm in Cumberland Co. about 125 miles due south of Green Twp.
silverstreak View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverstreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:42am
I've been watching this for some time, finally got around to signing up.

I see this trailer still listed on CL in south Jersey, didn't it ever sell?

If that were around here it would be gone in a blink, I can't imagine it still being for sale?
I sold one just like it two years ago for $950 in half that condition. Mine needed tires and lots of metal repair but some guy drove down from NH to get it, he rented a Uhaul when he got here to get it home. I'll never forget how he and his son loaded it, sort of like a pole vault flip up into a box truck.

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 12:14am
Welcome silverstreak
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustymetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 6:49pm
Sorry, I haven't been back here in a while.
The trailer is still here, I got a few emails on it but not single person actually showed up to look at it.
I'm thinking I should have left it where it sat.
I think what I'll likely do is weld some sides on it and make it into a leaf catch trailer for my lawn vacuum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic