This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC Scraper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean/MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC Scraper
    Posted: 05 May 2014 at 9:14pm
Not mine, looks like fun to run though. Once again another Cumminator repower.

Aggregate and Construction Equipment Auction

Thursday, May 15, 2014 10 am CDT

Item Photo Description Bids High
Bidder
Current
Amount
Next Bid
Required
Your
Bid
Your
Maximum

I2739 1967 Allis Chalmers 260 scraper 625 hours on meter Cummins Big Cam six cylinder diesel engine 400 HP... 1967 Allis Chalmers 260 scraper
  • 625 hours on meter
  • Cummins Big Cam six cylinder diesel engine
    • 400 HP
    • Serial 26017
  • Powershift transmission
    • 5F-1R gears
  • OROPS
  • Front work lights
  • Bowl work lights
  • 18 yard scraper bowl
  • Rear push block
  • 26.5-25 tires
  • Unit repainted
  • Owners manual
  • Serial T260-7471
View equipment video
Tschetter Hutterian Colony
27709 Tschetter Avenue
Olivet, SD 57052
7 5,100.00 5,200.00 < name="I2739" ="bid" ="text"> < name="mI2739" ="bid" ="text">
< name="bidder" ="credentials_" ="text"> < name="" ="credentials_" ="">
view bidding increments

27709 Tschetter Avenue
Olivet, SD 57052

Questions, inspection and removal

View all items at this location

Item location address
This item is located at 27709 Tschetter Avenue, Olivet, SD

Item-specific questions
For information related to this specific item, please contact Herman Decker Jr. at tschettercolony99@gmail.com or 605.770.8317.

Auction questions
For information related to auction-specific issues, such as terms, shipping availability, payment or Internet bidding, please contact Purple Wave at auction@purplewave.com or 866.608.9283.

Inspections
For information about inspecting this item, please contact Herman Decker Jr. at tschettercolony99@gmail.com or 605.770.8317. Inspection times are by appointment only.

Removal
For information about item removal, please contact Herman Decker Jr. at tschettercolony99@gmail.com or 605.770.8317. Removal times are by appointment only. Personnel, a forklift and vehicle start assistance will be available during loadout.

Removal timeline
Unless other removal arrangements are made with the removal contact within 48 hours from the end of the auction, fees for failing to timely remove items won may be assessed under the auction terms and conditions. All items must be removed by Thursday, May 29. Items not removed by Thursday, May 29 will be subject to penalty up to and included additional storage and administration fees and item forfeiture.

Buyer's premium
A 10% buyer's premium will be added to all winning bids, resulting in the total purchase price, exclusive of any applicable sales taxes, owed by the winning bidder. The buyer's premium will be included in the price against which applicable sales taxes are calculated.

No reserve
This item will sell without reserve to the highest bidder.

< id="pages" name="view" method="post" ="/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi">

Purple Wave is proud to have been named one of Inc. Magazine's 5000 fastest-growing privately held companies.

Purple Wave, Inc. | 866.608.9283 | 825 Levee Dr., Manhattan, KS 66502 | © 2012 Purple Wave, Inc. | xhtml | css

Edited by Dean/MN - 05 May 2014 at 9:15pm
HD16,917H,185,7050,8030FWA,8050FWA
Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 11:42pm
That is a clean looking machine, someone put a lot of work into it, wonder what it will bring?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
chumduffy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chumduffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 7:38am
We ran five 260 scapers in our fleet at one time, they all had the AC 21,000
Series engine and were top of there class in power and production. The one featured here is a 260-"B", and a good representative of one at that. That said, it is my belief that they wasted their money on the paint. in my opinion it will bring a little under scrap price, or what a tire company is willing to pay for the tires to resell then scrap it. Either way my guess, $5,000 . I so hope I am wrong and the ole girl gets put back in service, however I fear not! Most likely her next trip will be her last!!!   Chum..
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 10:21am
This scraper is not a 260-B.  It is the old 260, with home-made sheet metal on the front of it, possibly to accommodate updated engine and radiators.  260-A came out in 1968, identifiable by squared off front end and large hydraulic tank to operators right.  1973 saw the 260-B, where bowl lift cylinders were changed- they are visible above the bowl and draft frame.
Chum is right- the machine will most likely go for scrap price- or the price of the engine or tires.  Most get scrapped, or converted to pull scrapers.  Probably would be a good machine with that Cummins power, but not many people have a use for these anymore.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 11:15am

l thought this one was nuts at 10,900 and just a Garwood at that.
 Do scrappers think these old unites are gold mines?
 Remember the fellow last fall having an HD16 that had big price on it or he was scrappen it too?
 Kick myself when I passed up a little Garwood 6 yard or so for 300 bucks... and was hydraulic. had a couple bad tires and 40 miles from home.ConfusedThat little one would have looked nice behind the K.
 This one would look nice behind my L with the Garwood cable control winches.Smile ... But not at his priceShocked Cry, But thats all right, It would have been for show anyways.LOLLOL
  Hey Chum, think the L would pull that scrapper?
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
chumduffy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chumduffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Lazyts Lazyts wrote:

This scraper is not a 260-B.  It is the old 260, with home-made sheet metal on the front of it, possibly to accommodate updated engine and radiators.  260-A came out in 1968, identifiable by squared off front end and large hydraulic tank to operators right.  1973 saw the 260-B, where bowl lift cylinders were changed- they are visible above the bowl and draft frame.
Chum is right- the machine will most likely go for scrap price- or the price of the engine or tires.  Most get scrapped, or converted to pull scrapers.  Probably would be a good machine with that Cummins power, but not many people have a use for these anymore.

By Golly Lazyts, I stand corrected, you caught me sleeping! Its been a long time sense I saw a 260-A But I did spend many hours either running or pushing one with a FD21 B or C. they were a fast aggressive little scraper that were light on there feet!! Only trouble we really had with them was the snapping off and stripping out bolts in the steering knuckles !!! We tried to not to run over ruff obstacles with the front ends, as that seemed to escalade the steering failure. And we did have a little bit of crankshaft issues as I remember, but over all great to run, great to own!!! Chum...       
chumduffy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chumduffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

<FONT size=+0>

l thought this one was nuts at 10,900 and just a Garwood at that.

Do scrappers think these old unites are gold mines?

Remember the fellow last fall having an HD16 that had big price on it or he was scrappen it too?

Kick myself when I passed up a little Garwood 6 yard or so for 300 bucks... and was hydraulic. had a couple bad tires and 40 miles from home.ConfusedThat little one would have looked nice behind the K.

This one would look nice behind my L with the Garwood cable control winches.Smile ... But not at his priceShocked Cry, But thats all right, It would have been for show anyways.LOLLOL

Hey Chum, think the L would pull that scrapper?

Why yes JC I do!!! Down hill only, but it would pull it!!

Dang!! See now how Mark makes you think like a lawyer or prosecutor or something, resorting to tricky answers..!!!   LOL LOL Chum..
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 2:54pm
Chum, are ye tryn to tell me 23,000# and 76 drawbar horsepower ain't quite enough? Stern Smile ... Ermm .. Maybe gotta tandum the "L"s together?Smile And then figure out you shoulda just hooked up the HD19 or the D8's instead?LOL 
  .... and still need a pusher if ya drop the cutting edge?

Edited by JC(WI) - 06 May 2014 at 3:03pm
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 3:01pm
Reminds me of a story... a constrution outfit was dozinf ditching and then they moved up the road from where they were... The farmer told them he would bring the scrapper up to them... He went and got his 'powerful' 9N ford and backed up to the hitch with the 3pt... hit the lever to raise the tongue off the ground and he never did... the front end promptly went up in the air. Tongue was heavier than what the tractor could lift. LOL

B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 6:27pm
You guys are right about the value of that 260, the Garwood is prolly worth just as much to be converted to hyd and pulled with big tractor. the motor scraper is almost helpless without big dozer to asist with loading.  always wanted to run an AC one but did do some time in the seat of a 631B  Cat.
chumduffy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chumduffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 7:11pm

Reminds me of a story... a constrution outfit was dozinf ditching and then they moved up the road from where they were... The farmer told them he would bring the scrapper up to them... He went and got his 'powerful' 9N ford and backed up to the hitch with the 3pt... hit the lever to raise the tongue off the ground and he never did... the front end promptly went up in the air. Tongue was heavier than what the tractor could lift. LOL

I just don't doubt it a bit JC, a 9N Ford ??? He is very lucky that little tractor could not lift that Tongue. Had he got that rolling and started down the slightest of grades he would have been in big trouble! !!! Best he couldn't pick it up!!!     CHUM
chumduffy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chumduffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 7:15pm

Chum, are ye tryn to tell me 23,000# and 76 drawbar horsepower ain't quite enough? Stern Smile ... Ermm .. Maybe gotta tandum the "L"s together?Smile And then figure out you shoulda just hooked up the HD19 or the D8's instead?LOL 
  .... and still need a pusher if ya drop the cutting edge?

I would love to have a go at that HD 19 and Scraper combination! !! That would be cool!!    Chum..
chumduffy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chumduffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by B26240 B26240 wrote:

You guys are right about the value of that 260, the Garwood is prolly worth just as much to be converted to hyd and pulled with big tractor. the motor scraper is almost helpless without big dozer to asist with loading.  always wanted to run an AC one but did do some time in the seat of a 631B  Cat.

The 631B's helped to bulid a major portion of our interstate highway system and a fine job they did!! That said they were much bigger than the 260's and a lot more deliberate almost lazy by comparison also the A-C's would charge through a soft spot that the cat would just keep slowing down until it final lyrics would slowly spin out!,   The cat's felt like a family sedan, the A-C's more like a sports car to operate!!    Chum..
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 5:23am
$5000 .!! Hmmm me and Mac might have to move over to the USA
Seems unbelievable to us that a tidy scraper like that would only go for 5k, and/or get scrapped. things like that could drive a man to drink

tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:22am
Merv... Problem is, theres some here already that can't afford to lay cash out like that... but you would think if the right guy had one job for it, it would almost pay for itself.

Chum, watched old vid of allis last night showing HD14 hustling with 12 yd scrapper... and then showed them with bigger scrappers tooShocked..  Then watched Garwoods 18-20 yd scrapers behind HD19... LOL

Now would this crawler make a nice hyd. scraper puller?

Other than cleats are a little short...
  Has a pump on each end. LOL Actually never seen one with two pumps on it.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:30pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic