This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC grader for auction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACPhil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC grader for auction
    Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 4:15am
Here's another one in New Jersey. On Saturday June 21, 2014, there is to be an auction at the Mantua Municipal Bld, 401 N. Main Street, Mantua, NJ 08051. The Auctioneer is Col. Lee M. Fox, 609-970-5163. The town is having an auction to get rid of surplus iron. Some Ford dumps, and an 1963 Allis Chalmers Grader. It looks like a model D, but has a round tube frame. I thought the late model D's had a square tube frame. I'm not sure what year Allis Chalmers changed this on their graders, so this may be older than 1963. The machine looks complete, but doesn't say if the machine runs. We need someone to buy this machine up and save it, because you know the Scrappers will be there, and their torches will be ready. HAPPY HUNTIN' Phil
Sponsored Links

bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 8:01am
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 11:13am
They started the square frame in 1964 with most other features staying the same. The pipe frame was prone to cracks depending on the amount of use and abuse and the gradual increase in power and weight with changes to the motor hp over the years. If nothing else, it is valuable as a source of parts for other D and DD graders. It should not be cut up for scrap. 
Jack of all trades, master of none
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 12:24am
Anyone know what it brought?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 2:29pm
A 1954 D special, no cab, scarifier, mismatched tires, bent rams,  WD-45 engine, new paint but falling off in sheets, brought $4000.00 Saturday in Wisconsin. 
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 10:47pm
All I can say is wow! I hope that I can find a buyer like that when I want to sell my D grader which is newer and basically sound in every way.
Jack of all trades, master of none
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic