This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC - CDS 715D loader backhoe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC - CDS 715D loader backhoe
    Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 7:07pm
Hello AC team:   Are there any former dealers on here that would have the production start and end date for the CDS badged - Allis Chalmers 715 loader backhoe.? Also, was there any technical engineering support (i.e. Service Bulletins) that were issued out for the unit?  

From what few machines that have shown up on the internet it appears that the CDS units were powered with a Cummins 4BT engine and faded from the seen in late 89 early 90's.  

Any insights on this would be appreciated. 

Respectfully ~ Orangeman

Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 8:05pm
Was talking to a Dealer in WI way back on a FD5 and we got talking about the AC 715 B/D I has and he mentioned it was a better machine than the CDS 715 D - in fact he had a CDS machine and about a week later guy was back wanting to get his old machine back . 
  They has already sold the old unit , so he kept the CDS .
Unsure wat problem the later had but I know Minnpar has a couple setting on their place along with rubber tired loaders . Then Ingersoll Rand bought out CDS but dropped the backhoe line . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 5:31pm
Coke- thanks for that info.  From looking over a CDS 715 backhoe today the tag shows a serial number or Product Information Number of 7223 and had the dig - more extenda hoe feature on it.  I was also able to learn that CDS - Continental Diversified Sales of Minneapolis Minnesota - organized the CDS trademark in 1985 and sunset the trademark in 1992 - so about 7 years worth of production if the production period follows the trademark.   Under CDS there also was a 708E Rough Terrain Forklift, and an 840D Wheel loader,  So there must be a few units still chugging along out there.  Once Ingersoll Rand got there hands on the CDS line it looks like only the Forklift continued on as the RT 708 and the 715 backhoe and 840 wheel loaders were dropped.  If I had to guess by then these machines were being obsoleted by the addition of more electro-hydraulic control and the additional of front wheel assist or 4 wheel drive units from Caterpillar, Komatsu, and others that had jumped into those product lines.  ~ Orangeman
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 8:33pm
My neighbor has a mint CDS 708E forklift powered by a Cummins  engine. I have a stack of sales brochures on the CDS 715 D TLB. 
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic